Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Y'all be safe....

Default Y'all be safe....

Those of you who are facing flood waters, take care of your families!
    Crazy stuff.... Hard to believe!
    Could have happened anywhere in the state.....
    Last edited by Calibogue; 09-23-2018 at 06:02 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

AMEN, Scott.

Absolutely. There is nothing tangible that is worth risking your life over.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Kind of weird actually. You know it's coming, you know there isn't a damn thing you can do to stop it and all the prep work isn't going to hold back all this water. The forecasts they put out first were deeply flawed and had flows with influences from Matthew along the Black. They've backed off some then used a benchmark up the river in a much narrower part to forecast levels for us when they should have used the benchmark from Hagley landing. Once those models were used, they've made the probabilities for direct flooding for us much less. My wife and kids will got to a friends right off the beach should it look like we get water, I'm staying put as we were in the 0-2' inundation zone all along. Might throw tether a line to the handrail for the jon boat just in case though. When they start sandbagging the high school and hardening the water treatment plant behind us, I'll get concerned or when I see the county engineer in the next neighborhood over and closer to the river start taking flood precautions then I'm going to worry. Those people in Conway, Buckport, Socastee and the edges of PI and Gtown are in trouble. Seeing the lanes shut down and the NG working around the clock to put up the barrier on 17 between the bridges and low areas is surreal.

We won't see anymore than king tide levels through Thursday with a probable crest on Saturday/Sunday. That is a week later than originally predicted because this is so slow. Honestly, I don't think they have a clue as to what is actually going to happen. Prep the best you can, hope for the best and ride out and repair after. Agonizing to wait.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I agree Mark they have come up with some crazy prediction of water but now backed off of it a little.

So what you are saying is that the marsh hen hunting is gonna be epic?

J/k. Holler if y'all need some higher ground, bubba. Anything we can do?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    So what you are saying is that the marsh hen hunting is gonna be epic?

J/k. Holler if y'all need some higher ground, bubba. Anything we can do?
    Going to have to resurrect the Flo Job thread, that bitch is now going for the reach around while she gives it to us in the ass.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I heard that Georgetown is looking at 10 - 15 feet of water. Has anyone else heard that?
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,

Thomas Jefferson

The marina at Waccawachi is close to being flooded right now. Dumpsters are floating in the parking lot and the water is about to where the road first comes to the parking spots. DNR told me that they expect 6 more feet of rise. Gonna be pretty bad.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Folks I know have been deployed with expectations of 12-14’ so yeah. I pray it is well below that.

I've read the same reports that said areas of Georgetown could receive that much water... If it is correct, that is just insane! Anyone in Georgetown be safe
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    I heard that Georgetown is looking at 10 - 15 feet of water. Has anyone else heard that?
    Parts of it COULD see that. The fact of the matter is they don't know and are going off projections with flawed data. There has been a lot of disagreement over the projections among some engineers, hydrologists and state goobermint officials and from what I've heard an order from on high to give the worst case scenario to the public. I'll let y'all decide where that particular nugget came from, it's an election year after all.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    The marina at Waccawachi is close to being flooded right now. Dumpsters are floating in the parking lot and the water is about to where the road first comes to the parking spots. DNR told me that they expect 6 more feet of rise. Gonna be pretty bad.
    Yeah, the river is pretty compressed up there too, 6' might be on the low side, I heard 8-10 up near Sandy Island.

I fished Georgetown today and was surprised none of the water had gotten there yet. Fish were killing it.

I don’t think they know what to think

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Yeah, the river is pretty compressed up there too, 6' might be on the low side, I heard 8-10 up near Sandy Island.
    DNR is using the ramp in my neighborhood because they can't launch at WaccaWachi. They were telling me today about boats on the ICW throwing wakes into folks houses.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    DNR is using the ramp in my neighborhood because they can't launch at WaccaWachi. They were telling me today about boats on the ICW throwing wakes into folks houses.
    Fuk...

The updated map still shows 10' of water in my house. I am about a half mile from black river but east of 701 and almost 2 miles from Waccamaw. I can't phantom 10 feet of water in my house.

I've got a 2 inch gas powered pump at my dad's, that will be available for anyone that needs it once the cleanup begins. I have another that I have promised to a friend with family in Nichols. If they end up not needing it, it will be available also. Same deal with 2 2k watt generators.

Thomas Jefferson

But the main thing that all those that are in the path of all of this, is prayers.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by duckchoppin View Post
    The updated map still shows 10' of water in my house. I am about a half mile from black river but east of 701 and almost 2 miles from Waccamaw. I can't phantom 10 feet of water in my house.
    Damn. I sure hope that is wrong. Yall are gonna get out of there, right?? If I can do anything to help, just let me know.