Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a youth rifle, with recoil less than 7mm08 but with effectively kill a de

Default Looking for a youth rifle, with recoil less than 7mm08 but with effectively kill a de

Looking for 300blk bolt action or 6.5 creedmoor, or 25-06
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

For you?

Funny fucker you are,, nah, my daughter wants her own gun now, but I need to find somthing that won't kick her
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

.257 Roberts

My kids shot a Browning A-bolt Micro.

I bought my youngest a Ruger American Ranch in 7.62X39 last CHRISTmas, topped it with a 4-12X42 Vortex Viper in Burris rings. 18” barrel and takes mini-30 mags. Surprisingly accurate when you use hunting or quality ammo. To 100-150yds I’d shoot deer with it all day long. Very little recoil, short and handy. Offered in .300BLK too.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

.243 Win

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I bought my youngest a Ruger American Ranch in 7.62X39 last CHRISTmas, topped it with a 4-12X42 Vortex Viper in Burris rings. 18” barrel and takes mini-30 mags. Surprisingly accurate when you use hunting or quality ammo. To 100-150yds I’d shoot deer with it all day long. Very little recoil, short and handy. Offered in .300BLK too.
    I'm going to check that out, thanks salty
    Rubberhead

I think you are wanting something in the 6.5 family (.260, 6.5 Creedmoor).

Light recoil on par with, but with more ass than a .243.

I built a AR-15 in 6.8 SPC fo my 7 yo. Very mild recoil. The collapsible stock helps tremendously.

Do you have a 7mm08 now ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They make reduced recoil loads for just about every major caliber out there.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

6MM. Site in w 50 or 80 gr. Then load 100 gr for the hunt. Worked for my 9 yr old last season. No prob.

6mm Remington as stated above or 260 will get it done. HR used to make a nice little single shot, accurate and fairly cheap.

Build you a suppressed 300blk for "your daughter" and keep it in truck for hogs and yotes and vagrants

Bought a ruger ranch rifle for my daughter in 300 blk.great gun and didnt break the bank.

Reduce recoil. Hard to find but I can send you a box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I have a 25-06 and the reduced recoil 7mm-08 120 grain kicks less. Leaves a nasty blood trail too

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck the Duck Slayer View Post
    They make reduced recoil loads for just about every major caliber out there.
    This. I have a Winchester youth model chambered in .308. It is a tack driver. And I can shoot it with one hand, with reduced recoil loads. And to add, I really like the Hornady SST loads for it.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Reduce recoil. Hard to find but I can send you a box.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I've never had an issue finding them online.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/shoo...1.uts?slotId=6
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson