Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: The ACC is straight trash

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    he is Bigtimbers understudy
    And those two think 4>5.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Malzahn fucking sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    I'm not saying they are, or that they have been. I'm saying that they are doing the things you need to do to get there and that if they continue to improve the program like they have over the last decade, then there is a very good chance.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Perhaps, but that's a long row to hoe. I'll brag when it happens in a few years. Hope it does
    You, nor I, will be alive long enough to see it happen even if it does come to fruition. Two or three championships in a decade or two is enough to constitute a dynasty. But for Clemson to be mentioned in the same breath as Alabama will take as long as it would take USC to make the overall record between the two programs respectable. Not gonna happen anytime soon.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 09-25-2018 at 08:02 PM.

I'm not bragging that we are some powerhouse, but we're trying to get there. Meanwhile, every Carolina fan is green with envy because their program is in the shitter, and pissed because they can't find the way out. Any one of them that tells you they wouldn't trade their program for ours is a liar.
    Not everyone is, "green with envy," but damn it sucks to know a program that's not the state's flagship school and located right up the road can put together a national championship caliber program and we can't seem to navigate our way out of the SEC east. No real recruiting advantage, no discernible head coaching skill gap, not a whole lot better program tradition overall. The difference has been Dabo and his ability to recruit elite talent to Pickens County. Who would have ever thought that was possible? Black kids from all over the country want to come to some school they couldn't point out on a map, and arguably one of the most racist histories of any Power 5 school with a football program? That blows the mind, but kudos to the athletic department for putting the pieces in place to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Malzahn fucking sucks.
    I think Malzahn could coordinate multiple team's offenses to national championships, but he isn't a great head coach. Great coordinator vs being a good CEO. Managing a whole program is different than leading an entire program.

The actual quote is “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” Clemson is focused, because Dabo keeps them focused. He isn’t some has-been like Spurrier. He is young and part of the Clemson family, and he isn’t going anywhere, anytime soon. He doesn’t need to go to Alabama, because he is building his own Alabama. But hey, tell Spurrier thanks for helping Clemson win another NC. They couldn’t have done it without him...
    Keep telling yourself this and maybe it will come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    You should stop. Bowden was not fired to hire Dabo. The booster had enough. The search was for new HC. Dabo was the interim and did well. The players, fans and boosters liked him. He was given a chance or short leash. That does not change the fact that Clemson made a commitment to football that SC did not. Sorry if you cannot understand or just will not accept that.

SC fans are happy talking about the ACC while being boat raced every November.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Who did Dabo beat out for the job?

Last edited by ecu1984; 09-25-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    Who did Dabo beat out for the job?
    They shut the search down when they saw the intern could transform Clemson football and win a NC.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    I think Malzahn could coordinate multiple team's offenses to national championships, but he isn't a great head coach. Great coordinator vs being a good CEO. Managing a whole program is different than leading an entire program.
    Hell, my, at the time, 9 year old sister could have called plays for Scam Newton and won a NC...

They shut the search down when they saw the intern could transform Clemson football and win a NC.

So basically they couldn't get anyone to come coach at Clemson, and they just settled for the interim because everyone was happy. Got it.

That worked out really well.

Actually Muschamp was hoping for a call at that time. Thanks goodness that did happen. Lane Kiffin was a name that came up. Clemson would not had a problem hiring a coach then they were willing to spend to win at that time. Playoff and titles is diffcult for some fans to grasp.

Are you shitting me?
    5 years later y'all were screaming for him to be fired until Morris and his DW recruit came along.
    Guess what? He gone and you have a shitty offense and now the infighting has begun
    #shitterherewecome
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-26-2018 at 08:20 AM.

What year was Dabo hired?
    Usually, by year 2 you know if it was a good hire or not. Like you said, there are Richt's out there that skew the numbers. I disagree on Dabo reinventing recruiting. The Process was all Saban.
    This is arguably Saban's best team. Guess what? He has 2 brand new coordinators. They just got better.
    Limited number of scholarships changed the landscape of football.
    A team will never be a dynasty unless they put a focus on the O line recruiting. Quality and depth.

Wonder if Les Miles would have been remembered differently if Ryan Perilouex(sp?) Stayed off coke?

Actually Muschamp was hoping for a call at that time. Thanks goodness that did happen. Lane Kiffin was a name that came up. Clemson would not had a problem hiring a coach then they were willing to spend to win at that time. Playoff and titles is diffcult for some fans to grasp.

Gold. Pure gold.

Clemson would have never hired Kiffin. Danny Ford and Montey had issues.

Terry Don fucking gambled. Yes Dabo's seat was getting out and people were doubting. Then came DW.

Lawrence is elite, but he is not a duel threat qb. The O line recruiting hasn't been there. It will get you to the playoffs via the ACC, but will let you down against real teams.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Usually, by year 2 you know if it was a good hire or not.
    What is Muschamp in year 3?

What is Muschamp in year 3?

yes and what was his record last year and did he win his bowl game with a bunch of JUCO talent he scurried to put together?
    Did Climp5in end their season with a bowl victory or get embarrassed by ACC false delusions that are continued with Furman, Ga So and GT?
    But hey, you did match up pretty close to unranked TAM
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-26-2018 at 09:34 AM.