Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The ACC is straight trash

Will Vidal Sassoon have a shot at the Heisman Trophy as soon as Tua decides his shelf is full and he is ready to go Pro? Probably not with the schedule Clemson plays these days...

Maybe not, but a NC isn't out of the question with him under center
    Last edited by wskinner; 09-24-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Maybe not, but a NC isn't out of the question with him under center
    You are wasting your time discussing what it takes to win a NC with any fan of the SEC East teams. The last coach from the East to win a title is at Ohio St and the other is the AD at Tennessee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    These type post explain why UGA or SC will never win a NC while teams like Clemson, Bama, Ohio St, Penn will win more titles. Their fanbases have a winner's mentality and do not whine over their competition is hindering from winning a title.

You sir are an idiot if you put Clemson in the same category of those teams as far as history. Clemson is a second tier team who has recent success. Georgia is also a second tier team. They are not a top tier program as far as history is concerned. If you believe that then Dabo has spiked the orange kool aid in the upstate!! And also I'm going to cut you off before you have the come back I know you will, Carolina is a forth to third tire team at best.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Dynasty in their minds. New money.
    Ding ding ding.

Bt will quote "playoff" stats to us in a few. Just not last year's.

“My names Thrane Tuck an I don’t give a fuck” - T-bone

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    Ding ding ding.

Bt will quote "playoff" stats to us in a few. Just not last year's.
    Well, "3 years in a row" is all he can use that includes last year. They have trouble remembering that their horse is now in the NFL.

A few years back, all we heard was about the last few years of the Spurrier "dynasty". Only the present mattered, the past was the past. History didn't matter. So now, Clemson is a top 5 program and it's not ok for the Clemson crowd to brag about the present. Get off a local message board and listen to some national radio talk shows and Clemson is included in the conversation with all the big boys - Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia (since last year) and a couple more. I'm not making it up, listen for yourselves. Watch a little ESPN and guess what, they talk a lot about Clemson as a top 5 program. The truth hurts some of you guys and you just say ignorant stuff to make yourselves feel better. I do realize it won't last forever, but, right now in the present, it is what it is. Regarding Trevor Lawrence, you Gamecock fans would cut off your right arm to have him at SC whether he's the next Watson or not.
    Last edited by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER; 09-25-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    A few years back, all we heard was about the last few years of the Spurrier "dynasty". Only the present mattered, the past was the past. History didn't matter. So now, Clemson is a top 5 program and it's not ok for the Clemson crowd to brag about the present. Get off a local message board and listen to some national radio talk shows and Clemson is included in the conversation with all the big boys - Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia (since last year) and a couple more. I'm not making it up, listen for yourselves. Watch a little ESPN and guess what, they talk a lot about Clemson as a top 5 program. The truth hurts some of you guys and you just say ignorant stuff to make yourselves feel better. I do realize it won't last forever, but, right now in the present, it is what it is. Regarding Trevor Lawrence, you Gamecock fans would cut off your right arm to have him at SC whether he's the next Watson or not.
    Funny you mention history. History shows when your school has this level of success that you will end up in trouble. No reason to think anything other than that now,especially with guys turning down millions to stay one more year in UPstate SC. Just doesn't add up. Everyone in college football knows you're dirty, it's just a matter of who catches you and when. Like I said, history shows this to be true.

good luck with your negativity. i hope you get counseling.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

It's not negativity it's facts.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    I agree with everything you said. Right now Clemson is a top tier team. Bigtimber tried to make the argument that they always have been which you have to be drunk to think that. That is what everyone is arguing about. Historically Clemson is a second tier team. There have been a lot of second tier teams come and go with 5 year runs. Right now that is all Clemson is. Until they do it over 10, 15, 20 years like the Alabama's, and Ohio St's of the college football world, they can't lump themselves in that category historically. Also I hate Georgia almost as much as Clemson but if you truly believe that Clemson is historically better than Georgia than you're drunk on Dabo's orange kool aid again. Georgia is tied or ahead of every category with Clemson including head to head. I will resay this at the end of this rant, Carolina is a third to forth tier team at best historically. I have to put that disclaimer in there so dumbass fans of the upstate team don't fly of the handle and come back with the comeback we all know they will use.

Are we getting Animal Crackers with this Kool Aide?
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I was not speaking historically. Some of you coots are just a moth to a flame when you read Clemson. So again the point is those that boast (actually whine) about a difficult the SEC schedule as an excuse for not making the playoffs have a losers mentality. The teams I mentioned are driven to win titles not lead the nation in moral and vicarious wins.

Last edited by Bigtimber2; 09-25-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Its the ACC illusion. Think about Bowden's FSU teams. Given all that talent, he won how many? Now it is a playoff situation. Clemson is in an almost guaranteed lock, but how many teams do you think could do the same thing? Seriously, Kentucky could go undefeated with Clemson's schedule.
    Later in the year people will be talking strength of schedule. If they say it or not, margin of victory will come into play.

Trevor's hair and religious super hero Perry Noble.
    Might as well hand out the trophy now.

Trevor and Perry have definitely slept together.

If I could throw a football like Trevor Lawrence, I would wear my hair anyway I wanted to as well.

Perry is jealous of Trevette's nose. Can you imagine the coke that sum beyotch can snort up. Perry could only dream he could have 8 ball boogers like that

Why did you say Kentucky and not SC?

There were years when Clemson would lose a game or two with this schedule. They made changes and became what has been top 4 program the past 3 years. Winner mentality. You are another coots making excuses for dumpster fire. Clemson is not light years ahead of SC because they play in the ACC. Clemson made the commitment to winning. They hired an AD, coaches and built the facilities to compete SC has not so they suck and likely will not break .500 and Clemson will beat the breaks offer them again. Instead of trying find legitimacy in conference affiliation you should be asking how SC improve. There is no frustration from going from 10 wins season back to doormat and being throttled by your rival. If SC could become somewhat relevant it helps Clemson.

Quote Originally Posted by SCDAWG View Post
    Its the ACC illusion. Think about Bowden's FSU teams. Given all that talent, he won how many? Now it is a playoff situation. Clemson is in an almost guaranteed lock, but how many teams do you think could do the same thing? Seriously, Kentucky could go undefeated with Clemson's schedule.
    Later in the year people will be talking strength of schedule. If they say it or not, margin of victory will come into play.