Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texas HS superintendent resigns after racist comment about DW4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Texas HS superintendent resigns after racist comment about DW4

http://amp.si.com/nfl/2018/09/22/des...racist-comment

EMILY CARON

Saturday September 22nd, 2018

Texas school superintendent Lynn Redden has resigned after he made a racist comment toward Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson.

The Onalaska Independent School District's Board of Trustees accepted Redden's resignation after a special meeting held Saturday morning.*
    Redden's racist remark came after the Texans dropped to 0-2 on the season after falling to the Titans 27-20 in Week 2. On the final play of the game against Tennessee, Watson had a chance to possibly tie the game but held on to the ball as the clock expired.*

"That may have been the most inept quarterback decision I've seen in the NFL," Redden wrote in the comments section of an*article posted on the*Houston Chronicle's*website. "When you need precision decision making you can't count on a black quarterback."
    Redden later deleted the post and told*the*Chronicle*that he regretted his comments.
    Watson was asked about the comments in a press conference Wednesday.*
    “That’s on him,” he said. “May peace be with him. I’m all about love, so I don’t focus on any of that. I love all people. And that’s what I focus on. It’s part of life. I can’t control other people and what their beliefs are.”

In his letter of resignation, Redden apologized to the Board of Trustees, staff, students and patrons of the school district, as well as apologizing directly to Deshaun Watson.*
    "As an educator, this experience has taught me that I still have a lot to learn," Redden wrote. "My comments were not only uninformed but also hurtful and I understand now why they were offensive to so many people. I'd like to apologize directly to Deshaun Watson. I recognize that given the opportunity to respond by criticizing or belittling me, he chose peace and positivity instead. In spite of the terrible position I put him in, he showed himself to be the kind of role model I'd be proud for any of my students to follow."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Black or not he is a hell of a qb. And a great asset to Houston.

Show that angry geezer a go pro clip of how fast a play happens in the NFL at ground level.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Should not have been give time to resign if you ask me

Hell I looked up school district, must be some type of white privileged school, saw NO folks of color. Entire basketball team was LILLY WHITE . Hell they even had a picture of custodial staff and not even a Hispanic on Staff.

Sad that racism is still that bad in some areas

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Hell they even had a picture of custodial staff and not even a Hispanic on Staff.
    Is this sarcasm?? Cause if not that's some pot and kettle type shiite right there....

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Is this sarcasm?? Cause if not that's some pot and kettle type shiite right there....
    No shit!

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post

No, what I was referring to is in Texas is a huge Hispanic population. Just thought that was VERY odd that NOTHING but white folks in that school which made me think it must be some type of private school of privilege Just an observation is all. Just thought it was very odd there were NO African Americans or Hispanics at all in any of the staff/student pictures

WIth that said very could just be one of those very rural areas that is very sparsely populated.

Like it or not is RACISIM which in my book is unacceptable on ANY LEVEL
    Last edited by tprice; 09-23-2018 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    Should not have been give time to resign if you ask me

Hell I looked up school district, must be some type of white privileged school, saw NO folks of color. Entire basketball team was LILLY WHITE . Hell they even had a picture of custodial staff and not even a Hispanic on Staff.

Sad that racism is still that bad in some areas
    No doubt the coach is an ignorant asshole, but do you realize that in some places there are hardly any people of color? Why assume its due to racism?
    Last edited by scbulldog; 12-22-2021 at 06:58 PM.

Stop giving racists and people complaining about racism attention. Problem solved

Ever notice how limousine liberals AND the most racist white folks know very few minority folks?

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    Ever notice how limousine liberals AND the most racist white folks know very few minority folks?
    Absolutely; the former are insulated from the real world, and the latter don't know any better. Or don't care to know any better.

Funny how trailer-trash white folks and ghetto black folks often hate each other, when they're actually the same person.

What is a private school of privilege?

You mean expensive? Last I checked everyone's allowed to make money.

Where do you sign up for this white pivlilege? I've been white for quite a while now, and I think it's high time for my privilege to kick in. Maybe I need to take a day off work to go sign up for my privilege.

If you have any question as to the character of Deshaun Watson, watch his press conference from this week. He is repeatedly baited into saying something negative about the guy, and he continually shows the class that he has. I know this is in the sports forum, but it needed saying. All apologies
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    If you have any question as to the character of Deshaun Watson, watch his press conference from this week. He is repeatedly baited into saying something negative about the guy, and he continually shows the class that he has. I know this is in the sports forum, but it needed saying. All apologies
    DW was very professional in his response and the dude needed firing for saying such insulting and racist shit.
    On another note, I was shocked to read they were 0-2. I haven't watched any NFL at all this year

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    DW was very professional in his response and the dude needed firing for saying such insulting and racist shit.
    On another note, I was shocked to read they were 0-2. I haven't watched any NFL at all this year
    At least we can agree on 2 things. Good Yamaha motors and all of the above statement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."

Watson would have been a lot more offended if the asshole had called him a “dual threat quarterback”.

Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    Watson would have been a lot more offended if the asshole had called him a “dual threat quarterback”.
    Well done, sir.

For sure, 2 bumm knees will effectively take away one of those threats. Good thing he can still throw a good ball.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The Texans are 0-2 maybe by now 0-3 because there offensive line is liquid garbage.