Thread: Live Christmas trees $115

Default Live Christmas trees $115

Amazon will be delivering Christmas trees this holiday season. $115, free shipping for Prime Members.

In a sign of how far Amazon’s shipping operation has come, the company will be selling and delivering seven-foot Christmas trees to customers this holiday season. And yes, they’ll be eligible for Prime shipping.

According to The Associated Press, Amazon will start selling the trees sometime in November, letting buyers pick between Douglas firs, Norfolk Island pines, and other options. A seven-foot Fraser fir (sourced from a North Carolina farm) will go for $115.
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/9/11/1...-holidays-2018

What a bargain. Lol.

What is wrong with people? The fun of getting a Christmas tree is packing the family up and going to pick it up. Hell I have been wanting to take ours to the farms in NC to cut down a Frazier fur instead of picking one out of a stack. I just done get it.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 09-22-2018 at 12:47 PM.

People with more money than sense. Well delivery is free if you're a Prime member. Reminds me of the saying "let's don't and say we did". We are all fooked

The spirit of Christmas is alive

I've got a ton of red cedars. Wonderful Christmas trees from 5-8'. Anyone interested can get the REAL experience and come cut one down ( with approval of course) Just bring me a case of negra modelo, and $ 150 dollars. This includes my neighbors from New Jersey singing Christmas carols and giving free advice. A cup of mulled cider included also.
    Merry Christmas.
    Oh, bring your own saw and brier pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    I've got a ton of red cedars. Wonderful Christmas trees from 5-8'. Anyone interested can get the REAL experience and come cut one down ( with approval of course) Just bring me a case of negra modelo, and $ 150 dollars. This includes my neighbors from New Jersey singing Christmas carols and giving free advice. A cup of mulled cider included also.
    Merry Christmas.
    Oh, bring your own saw and brier pants.
    Should they also bring tennis shoes?

Footwear is of the buyers discretion. There is some paperwork involved. Typical non disclosure/ liability stuff.
    Oh yeah, not responsible for stolen or damaged property.
    Back to footwear, I do have boots available for rent.

Exactly. It's the experience. I can remember riding in the back of PeePops Nissan otw to Maggie valley Nc to get our tree. I can remember the smell of drano and cough medicine, while the classic tunes from Toby Kieth made the speakers buzz. Once in Maggie valley we would always find our way to Ghost town. The chair lift always made PeePop vomit. I think it was from his medications. He once coated that concrete black bear with his Shoneys breakfast and I filmed the whole thing on my iphone7. What I wouldn't give for another trip to Maggie valley with PeePop

Quote Originally Posted by Baggy View Post
    Footwear is of the buyers discretion. There is some paperwork involved. Typical non disclosure/ liability stuff.
    Oh yeah, not responsible for stolen or damaged property.
    Back to footwear, I do have boots available for rent.
    Just making sure they are your trees
    Last edited by wskinner; 09-22-2018 at 02:17 PM.

On that note , I've found a soft place in my heart, and every family member will have a free bottle of NyQuil included in the price. Merry Christmas.

Kids over 2yrs. will also get a pack of candy cigarettes and a log of Kodak wintergreen. "''Tis the season for giving "

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Jeff Bezos gets $600 million of your tax money from the government every year, he should give the dang trees away.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

There's no possible way my wife could pick out a Christmas tree with just pictures.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    There's no possible way my wife could pick out a Christmas tree with just pictures.
    Ain't that the truth. For most of my life we picked them out in straw fields while going down the highway at 55 mph. Now I have to pay for a darn tree that don't even smell like Christmas. Sux!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

S***, my wife was born on Christmas Day. It is a big deal, not saying it shouldn't be.

Ah, the Christmas tree experience. My wife bringing the box inside and setting up the pre lit plastic tree while I sit on the couch drinking beer saying whatever I can to piss her off enough that she won't "let" me help.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    What is wrong with people? The fun of getting a Christmas tree is packing the family up and going to pick it up. Hell I have been wanting to take ours to the farms in NC to cut down a Frazier fur instead of picking one out of a stack. I just done get it.

Damn age we live in I guess , DAMN SHAME

While I’m not defending folks not smart enough to live in the greatest place on earth, I also don’t want to convince them to move here.

Not everyone lives an hour from Maggie valley and can’t go get one. Hell lots of Yankees don’t even have cars to strap one to at the tree lot down the road.

If Amazon can keep them where they are, good.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud