Thread: Anyone got any theory on why Jeff Sessions is sitting on his hands?

Default Anyone got any theory on why Jeff Sessions is sitting on his hands?

Here is mine.

He got appointed walked in the first day. The Swamp creatures met with him, told him what they have on him and if he is smart he will do exactly as they say.

If you will remember J. Edgar Hoover kept personal files on dirt on every politician he could get dirt on and would call them and tell them what he had on them and that is why he was FBI Director for Life.

I see no reason why that scenario went away.
    Distinguished Rifleman High Power & Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), US Palma & Dewar Teams , Formerly US Army Picatinny Arsenal Small Cal Wpns Lab, Spec Projects Group Dover Devil Cal 50 Machinegun , Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Prov Gnd, Member Int Wound Ballistics Assn., consultant to Fed Law Enf Tng Ctr, Glynco, US Border Pat, Defense Crim Inv Service, Army Munitions and Chem Cmd, Army Wound Ballistics Lab, NRA Life 1972, AC4HT, Firefighter 1, Shriner

Ive heard he had several mini strokes back last november.

That doesn't explain his recusal, but explains why you haven't heard or seen him in person very often.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

He’s pulling a “stranger”

I’m not sure what think anymore. I originally thought he was a good choice and then his recusal put him on ice.

If the reports about the 55,000-70,000 Grand Jury indictments has any truth to it, and it’s proven that Sessions has been intimately involved in that process and he a Trump have just been laying a trap for the Swamp monsters, I’d be glad to apologize to the guy about the names I’ve called him this past year

I think we’ll know one way or another by year’s end... or hope so.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Jeff Sessions isn't sitting on his hands. He recused himself from the Russia crap for a reason. Trump wasn't blindsided by that reason, he and Sessions discussed it ahead of time. Trump isn't an idiot, that should be obvious by now. He and Sessions have been playing this game since Session was appointed. If you keep falling for the little play of "Trump hates Sessions because he Tweets bad stuff about him and "Sessions is doing nothing" you are no smarter than the liberal left + media Trump & Sessions are playing like a violin. They are stupid,Trump and Sessions know it, don't get caught up in the same net or you're no better.

Let me explain to you lesser thinkers how this works. Before I get into the details let me add something here. I've been a landowner in Centre, Alabama (Cherokee County) for almost 30 years. I have several nephews that own farms there also. So I'm down that ways fairly often. People in Alabama had a nickname for Sessions 'The Silent Assassin'. He doesn't make any noise but he he always got his man.

So Let's start at the very beginning. And I'll use bullet points to make it easier:

• Sessions was the first Congressman to endorse Trump. They'd been friends for many years.

• Sessions was so inspired by Trump's run that he actually joined the Trump 2016 Campaign and worked with him.

• Naturally as a member of the campaign he had to recuse himself on the Russia Collusion BS. That tied Sessions hands on Mueller and RR. Trump knew this too.

• Trump also knew Sessions' reputation as an 'Assassin' when it came to bad people. Hence appointing him to the head of the dirty DOJ which included the dirty FBI.

• The media immediately started saying Trump appointed him to stop any investigations into himself. Trump and Sessions knew that was coming too.

• So the have this small problem, how can Sessions as head of the DOJ take out the trash without it looking like a Trump conspired coup?

• Simple solution, let the people (left & media) think that Sessions is doing nothing and then expanding on it by Trump railing against him as a "do nothing" on Twitter. Even to the point of making it look like he may fire Sessions. Sessions is by nature a quiet man so he has no problem with the game. He is also a lot like Trump in that he doesn't give a shit what people think.

• Now the game has paid off. Trump knew that anyone he commends get hated by the left, anyone he hates (or acts like he doesn't like) gets loved by the left. Now the left have all ganged up behind Sessions, they love him now. Even Kathy Griffin that stupid so-called comedian bitch that did Trump decapitation skit is Tweeting about how wonderful Sessions it.

And that's how Sessions can do his work in peace while at the same time the media can't convince the fools that read their BS that Trump is using Sessions to destroy "good" people in the DOJ.

But don't ever underestimate Sessions, he has a brilliant legal mind. All the stupid Republican lawmakers that kept wanting Sessions to appoint a 2nd Special Counsel are idiots. If any of those saying that are lawyers I would use them to fight a jaywalking ticket. Think about it.

A Special Counsel is slow and often takes years to get results.
    A SC would be in the Swampland (DC).
    A SC only has about 20 investigators.

Sessions instead did something that no one in history had ever thought to do, appointed federal prosecutor Huber from Utah, a historically red state and gave him full prosecutorial powers in all 50 states. Then tied him in with the DOJ/OIG (Horowitz) office. Remember and IG has no arrest powers, he can only suggest a criminal investigation to congress. The DOJ/IOG office has 470 federal investigators. This gave Huber, a man who doesn't go to DC cocktail parties, the 470 investigators he needs for all the indictments on record already and prosecutorial/arrest powers in all 50 states. Huber has already seated Grand Juries in all of those states. The Grand Jury in the McCabe case has been hearing witness testimonies since late February or early April, I forget.

Anyway, as Prof. Jonathon Turley said in Beitbart:

Turley: Sessions’ Appointing Utah Federal Prosecutor Much Better for Trump than 2nd Special Counsel

WASHINGTON, DC – Professor Jonathan Turley, a top national legal expert on government investigations, commented on Thursday about Attorney General Jeff Sessions’ decision to bring in U.S. Attorney John Huber. Turley called it “brilliant”to combine all the powers of the U.S. Department of Justice’s inspector general with a prosecutor who can bring charges, seek indictments, and get results for President Trump far more quickly than a second special counsel.

Turley is a law professor at George Washington University, who attained national fame during the 1998 impeachment of President Bill Clinton as a top legal authority on special counsels and congressional investigations of government wrongdoing, including criminal wrongdoing. His reputation has only grown during the intervening 20 years, as he has weighed in on scandals and investigations of public officials from both political parties.

Sessions sent a letter to House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), House Oversight Committee Chairman Trey Gowdy (R-SC), and Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA), informing them that Huber is conducting a full-fledged criminal investigation into all the matters Republicans are calling for a special counsel to investigate. Huber has been investigating these possible crimes for five months, since November 13, 2017.

During an interview on Lou Dobbs’s Fox Business Network show, Turley explained to guest host Stuart Varney that the media are wrongly reporting that Sessions will not appoint a second special counsel. “He did not foreclose the possibility of a special counsel,” he insisted.

Instead, Turley explained that Sessions has ordered Huber to “team up with the inspector general (IG) within the Justice Department to investigate these matters.”

Sessions informed Congress in his letter that all the matters recommended for investigation by Goodlatte, Gowdy, and Grassley are “fully within the scope of [Huber’s] existing mandate.” He also informed the chairmen that Inspector General Michael Horowitz, who is working with Huber, has a staff of 470 investigators, giving Huber access to enormous investigative firepower that far exceeds the staff of any special counsel.

That point is critical because as Sessions’ March 29 letter explains, the inspector general’s jurisdiction to conduct civil and criminal investigations includes “actions taken by former employees after they have left government service.” Then Huber can act on any of those matters.

As a U.S. attorney, Huber has full authority to empanel a grand jury and to file criminal charges. A grand jury can be empaneled anywhere, which means that it could be a group of citizens from deep-red Utah – in the heart of Trump country – instead of the D.C. Swamp that decides whether to hand down indictments for felony prosecution.

“The Inspector General’s jurisdiction extends not only to allegations of legal violations, but also to allegations that Department employees violated established practices as well,” Sessions added in his letter, which means that the IG’s report can hold people accountable even for actions that do not violate a specific statute.

“I think [Sessions] did the right thing here,” said Turley. “I think the president should listen to General Sessions on this one.”

Sessions “can always appoint a special counsel,” Turley explained, but that should not even be necessary because Huber “has the ability to prosecute cases.”

“Do these prosecutors have the same power to investigate and get to the bottom of things that a special counsel would have?” Varney asked.

“Actually, yes,” Turley answered. “I think people are missing what could be a brilliant move here by Sessions. What he did is he essentially combined the powers of the inspector general with the powers of a line prosecutor.”

“This prosecutor does have not just the experience and training to look for a criminal case; he has the ability to move a case of that kind” in court, Turley emphasized.

Not only that, but if Sessions believes crimes were committed, but Huber for some reason does not bring charges, “Sessions has reserved the right to go ahead and appoint a special counsel,” said Turley.

“That’s a powerful combination,” he observed.

When Varney asked if Huber and Horowitz’s status as “Obama holdovers” creates a possible problem for Sessions and President Trump, Turley said no, observing that each man has a great reputation as a “dogged investigator.”

Breitbart News has separately confirmed that Utah Sens. Orrin Hatch and Mike Lee, both of whom are Republicans who support aggressive investigations of these scandals, enthusiastically supported Huber to be reappointed by President Trump as his U.S. attorney in Utah. The Senate confirmed Huber in 2017 for a second term.

Huber is a Utah lawyer, not a D.C lawyer. “That distance between him and Washington is very important,” Turley explained, because Huber is not part of the Deep State, that is, not cozy buddies with the cocktail party scene that is suspected of perpetrating all of these actions against President Trump and his administration.

Turley said President Trump should be very happy that Sessions chose this route of appointing Huber, who has the power to seek indictments and prosecute cases, and teamed him up with Horowitz, who has 470 investigators at his disposal, if the president wants to see swift and decisive action.

“If a special counsel were appointed, there would be a great deal of delay,” Turley stated, versus the team of Huber and Horowitz, who are already five months into this investigation.
    Anyone that can't see this is an idiot or a liberal, yeah I know, that's redundant.

Last edited by Mergie Master; 09-22-2018 at 10:31 AM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

SESSIONS SITTING ON HIS HANDS?

Who do you think fired and demoted all these people? Who signed off on every last one of them? Sure as hell wasn't Trump, it was their boss, Sessions. I challenge anyone here to find another newly appointed AG that has ever fired so many people, especially high level people.

So Sessions should appoint a 2nd Special Counsel right there in the Swamp (DC) with a [team of less than 20 typically] & wait 2-4 years [take a gamble].
    But… SESSIONS should appoint a 2nd SC in DC aka THE CORRUPT SWAMP because unlike the CLINTON EMAIL CORRUPT CASE [as demonstrated by the FBI/DOJ people FIRED/REMOVED] this will be conducted faithfully and honestly [like MUELLER?].

The republican lawmakers saying that should get fired by their constituents. Those people are phucking idiots!!! Typical politicians, they just talk thinking isn't part of their job description, as they keep proving over and over. Which makes their constituents even stupider because they keep voting for them over and over. Sickening!

And now there's this:

Who are the SCOTUS justices 1 & 2?

1. Justice Roberts (Chief Justice)
    2. Justice Clarence Thomas (Senior Justice)

RELEASE THE KRACKEN!

Last edited by Mergie Master; 09-22-2018 at 10:49 AM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

My Grandma used to have the saying " something in the milk ain't milk". That's how the whole deal feels to me. For the sake of the country I pray you're right Mergie.

Margie is the KayakKillShot of conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Margie is the KayakKillShot of conspiracy.
    And Tootie Tail Tater is wise.

Mergie, what's that noise? :shiver:

Mergie is right. Believe me. We are like masons on steroids. If steroids were cocaine.

The only difference is the medium, he uses pictures.

I don't know about all that, but Sessions is doing work on immigration, something that can't be said about anybody else in Washington