Thread: 1967 LT1 C2 Corvette

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default 1967 LT1 C2 Corvette

Who knew an American classic from the 60's would be whooping up on some modern Supercars? From McLarens to Lamborghinis - this Vette was GAPPING anything that lined up against him! You're probably wondering what the powerplant of this beast is? A twin-turbo LT1! Bet ya didn't see that coming! This is one of the coolest family projects we've seen in a long time. Big thanks to Kyle for showing us the ins and outs!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Me thinks that is a 1966 model. I owned a 67-427/435 with both tops. Had 3 deuces on it.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    Me thinks that is a 1966 model. I owned a 67-427/435 with both tops. Had 3 deuces on it.
    I owned a 65 coupe, removable hard top in high school.
    I sold it for $8900 and it was cherry. 327, cam, big valves, shift kit, factory side pipes
    If only I knew
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-22-2018 at 07:08 PM.

I owned a 79 L82 not the best year. Sold it a couple of years later for more than I paid for it.

The newer body styles don't do it for me. Don't get me wrong, if anyone here has a newer one that they want to give me I dang sure won't turn it down. But in my opinion a few years back they started looking more and more like a European sports car. Heck the bodies on the Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLarens and even the Chrysler Viper all started to look the same. Porsche has sort of held onto their own look, more or less. They changed too but you can still tell they're a Porsche.

That said, I did love the Mako Sharks, the Mako Shark I and the Mako Shark II. It started as the XP-755 Concept Car. But just like the original 1963 Stingray was born out of the 1959 XP87 Stingray racer the Mako Shark was born from the same concept. In other words the 1959 XP87 was the father of the Corvette Stingray and the Mako Shark. The Mako Shark II debuted in a show in 1965. Only 2 were built for the show, and only one was fully functional. The Mako Shark II had the 427 Mark IV engines which became available on production models.

Here's a 1963 Concept Mako Shark II

This was before a lot of y'all time but the Concept XP-755 was driven on the show Route 66 by the character Prudence "Prudie" Adams. The rich girl. The episode she drove it on was "Once To Every Man." She drove the XP-755 Mako Shark I with a double bubble top and side exhaust pipes. The two regular guys Buzz and Tod drove a 1962 Corvette on the show. GM was a sponsor of course.

Here's a piece of the show with the XP-755 Mako Shark I.

Prudence in the Mako Shark I

Here's a 69 production Mako Shark

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    That is definitely a 67....rectangular backup light above the license plate as opposed to the round backup lights inbord of the brake lights on the 66. Also, 67 has 5 gills as opposed to the 66 only having three

Quote Originally Posted by FishSticker View Post
    That is definitely a 67....rectangular backup light above the license plate as opposed to the round backup lights inbord of the brake lights on the 66. Also, 67 has 5 gills as opposed to the 66 only having three
    I'm sure GoogieMaster was gonna Mergle that for him too but go sidetracked by other useless facts...

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    I'm sure GoogieMaster was gonna Mergle that for him too but go sidetracked by other useless facts...
    Full of useless information about C2s.....almost to a fault

KayakMaster

I stand corrected. Mine was a convertible w/ the other top so the roof was not sloped like the coupe model
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I am going to buy a 66 when I retire next year if things stay on course

Good luck on the retirement next year. If it happens, God help the sports forum. Lol.

We go over and drool on these once in a while..

http://www.buyavette.net/C2.php
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.