Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on the Browning A5 wicked wing

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    My SBEII has never had a single issue shooting light and heavy loads. Hell, I had a mixed bag of shells in a dove field last weekend and it functioned thru a limit of doves flawlessly.
    How many 0.75 oz loads has it cycled?
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Why would you want to shoot a three quarter ounce load out of a 12 gauge? I'm not picking on you, and it's not that I'm trying to be fully argumentative.. but I just don't understand it.

I don't care for benellis.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    My Benelli shoots dove and duck loads without issue. Then again, so does my Browning. You people ever clean your guns?
    I clean mine almost everytime I take them in the field. I’m assuming your browning is either an older gas powered A5 or if it’s the new A5 ifs a 3inch gun? If it is a 3.5 gun did you have to have a break in period for it?

It's a Silver, which shoots 3 1/2s. I don't remember having any sort of break-in, and it's ran every cheap shell you can name through it with no problems. I may just be lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by PharmHunter View Post
    My SBEII has never had a single issue shooting light and heavy loads. Hell, I had a mixed bag of shells in a dove field last weekend and it functioned thru a limit of doves flawlessly.
    I don’t know that I’ve ever ran 25 shells of the same shot, weight etc. thru my gun in a row lol.

Quote Originally Posted by costeen22 View Post
    I clean mine almost everytime I take them in the field. I’m assuming your browning is either an older gas powered A5 or if it’s the new A5 ifs a 3inch gun? If it is a 3.5 gun did you have to have a break in period for it?
    I didn't realize there was an oder A5 that was gas operated.

My Extrema does not cycle light loads. (And I keep it clean) When I called Beretta, the guy basically told me that's the way it is, and to shoot heavier loads through it. It's a little frustrating, considering they aren't cheap and they are billed as a do everything gun. Sorry to hi jack the thread.
    Mike

Okay back on topic.. I don't like the wicked wing, but I can see how others might like the way it looks.

To the OP, did you clean it prior to shooting it for the first time? Brand new guns are often packed with a storage type grease that will cause a gun to hang up.
    Last edited by wskinner; 10-05-2018 at 11:11 AM.

buy a pump, problem solved! and have bunch of leftover money to buy shells for practice
    Last edited by Phone Man; 10-05-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I borrowed one from a buddy last season in OK . I didnt say anything to him but out of 3 days , it didnt cycle 5 times . 3" federals .
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

One of my buddies has one and I've shot it a good bit, it struggles with lighter doves loads but hasn't had any problems with heavier loads.

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    To the OP, did you clean it prior to shooting it for the first time? Brand new guns are often packed with a storage type grease that will cause a gun to hang up.
    I didn’t clean it when it was brand new, but I have cleaned the gun several times after shooting if. When I say clean it I mean take it completely apart (bolt, trigger group) everything broke down. I went and bought some high velocity low brass last week and will be taking it out and trying that hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    Why would you want to shoot a three quarter ounce load out of a 12 gauge? I'm not picking on you, and it's not that I'm trying to be fully argumentative.. but I just don't understand it.
    No I understand, that's a respectable question.

1] it doesn't happen often
    2] it's an extremely low recoil round for people that are sensitive to that
    3] it saves money on lead
    4] main reason I bring it up at all is to prove my point that inertia 3.5" guns just can't do what gas guns can do
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

I don't care for benellis.
    Benelli literally translates to redneck in Italiano.

Its sad, but as long as the price tag is 8 times what it cost to make, Americans will buy it. Benelli is of the cheapest to manufacture shotguns out there.....

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    Its sad, but as long as the price tag is 8 times what it cost to make, rednecks will buy it. Benelli is of the cheapest to manufacture shotguns out there.....
    Fixed that for you.
    Last edited by Fish; 10-06-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Went today and shot the Wicked Wing today. Shot Winchester AA and Remington Nitros with no issues. Pretty happy with the gun overall.

A 3/4 oz. through a 12 guage full choke throws a very nice pattern with little recoil. Nice dove combo.