Thread: Breckenridge, CO

Default Breckenridge, CO

Taking the wife for her birthday (Valentine’s Day). Plan on going snowmobiling, tubing, and maybe the dog sledding. Yes I know weed is legal but besides those things does anyone have do’s or dont’s for the trip. Plan is to fly into Denver, rent a car and just relax for a week. We’ve been to the Caribbean‘s multiple times so we decided to switch it up. Looks like a nice town to visit in the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

I have flown into Denver and driven to Vail a few times. Denver is nothing special and is grass plains more than mountains.
    The drive up from Denver is really nice. Played golf at the Vail Country Club and there were signs everywhere stating not to leave the cart path looking for your ball
    on a bad shot due to mountain lions lurking in the bushes. There were several houses for sale on the golf course. Starting at $34 Million
    this was one of the cheaper ones, came with a satellite remote to control the HVAC/lights/sprinkler/entertainment center/movie theater/indoor pool temps/etc
    from anywhere in the world
    206133_265063906843254_7897386_n.jpg
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-20-2018 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I have flown into Denver and driven to Vail a few times. Denver is nothing special and is grass plains more than mountains.
    The drive up from Denver is really nice. Played golf at the Vail Country Club and there were signs everywhere stating not to leave the cart path looking for your ball
    on a bad shot due to mountain lions lurking in the bushes. There were several houses for sale on the golf course. Starting at $34 Million
    I’d be going thru a shit ton of balls.
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Last edited by ecu1984; 09-20-2018 at 08:48 PM.

I don't care much for Denver but its a whole nuther world up above it.
    Caught trout every day in this stream right outside my front door

262574_265063630176615_5697210_n.jpg
    Last edited by ecu1984; 09-20-2018 at 08:53 PM.

Default Breckenridge, CO

When you’’re driving from Denver to Breckinridge, take Highway 6 over Loveland Pass instead of going through the Eisenhower tunnel. Order green chile sauce with every meal. If you like beer go check out Broken Compass Brewing Company. Hell you can throw a rock and hit a good brewery in Denver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Hosscat; 09-20-2018 at 09:31 PM.

Went two years in row to Breckenridge skiing about twenty years ago. Absolutely loved it but that's the only trips I've been on out West so can't compare it to other places. I imagine they are all similar.

If you rent a car and drive out of Denver, I'd highly recommend going to Golden. It's a great little town. There is a road that goes up a mountain (Lookout Mountain Rd. , I believe) that is a great ride. There is a Buffalo Bill museum at the top. Also, RedRocks Amphitheater is just outside of Denver, in Morrison, and it's also worth seeing.
    Crops are harvested, animals are killed.

Quote Originally Posted by MKW View Post
    RedRocks Amphitheater is just outside of Denver, in Morrison, and it's also worth seeing.
    RedRocks is the yoga pants capitol of the world. Everyday, a hundred local hotties run the amphitheater stairs. Just say'n

Take a day trip south to Great Sand Dunes National Park. Stop at Eddyline Brewery in Burma Vista and have an Epic Day double IPA.

Leaving Wednesday morning for a small vacation and wife’s birthday (Valentine’s Day). Looks like a lot of snow on the ground and beautiful views. Any more advice or places to visit. We’ve actually got a cabin in FairPlay (the city that made the show South Park) and plan on traveling frequently to vail and Breckenridge. Hope to have a good time.
    R. Not