Thread: Question on High MT Seasoning kits for snack sticks

Default Question on High MT Seasoning kits for snack sticks

For several years I have used the High Mountain kits for summer sausage and used deer burger mixed with pork . Have all stuff I need like electric grinder, sausage stuffer and etc. Normally do 15lbs or so at a time

However for Christmas someone gave me one of the snack stick kits with the gun

Mixed up some burger Tuesday night and it in my fridge in garage, was planning on making some last night however got in late from working on food plots and did not have time

Going to make a batch tonight, would everything still be ok. Seems like I read years ago if it sits an extra day flavor is better but just want to make sure it has not sat in fridge too long .

I know someone will say “smell it” but my problem is I have ZERO sense of smell. Trust me NONE, can not smell anything at all . So this is why I am always a little overly cautious

Aren't you the same fella who needs to know how to make gravy? It's fine provided your fridge is cold.
    Last edited by ReelHard; 09-20-2018 at 03:47 PM.

I use those kits for summer sausage. It says to let the mixed meat sit for 12 to 24 hours to let the cure do its job. I don't know what effect it will have for curing too long but as long as you kept it in the fridge, I doubt it is unsafe to eat, it might just taste weird. I sure wouldn't throw out 15 lbs of sausage meat without tasting it.

I use their Jalapeno Summer Sausage mix and smoke it. It's pretty damn fantastic.

It's fine, id stick with the stuffer though unless you just want round jerky.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    I use those kits for summer sausage. It says to let the mixed meat sit for 12 to 24 hours to let the cure do its job. I don't know what effect it will have for curing too long but as long as you kept it in the fridge, I doubt it is unsafe to eat, it might just taste weird. I sure wouldn't throw out 15 lbs of sausage meat without tasting it.

I use their Jalapeno Summer Sausage mix and smoke it. It's pretty damn fantastic.

yea that is the one I normally do, just thought I would try this jerky shooter out for poops n giggles

Got them in the oven instead of in smoker for first batch, will do the others tomorrow while I am doing yard work
    Last edited by tprice; 09-20-2018 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReelHard View Post
    Aren't you the same fella who needs to know how to make gravy?

And your point, know how to make it just asked for what others do