Thread: 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 AC high pressure service valve leaking

Default 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 AC high pressure service valve leaking

Seems this is the ball type valve and not the Schrader type on the low pressure service valve. Topped system off a year ago with an AC Pro kit and it's now back blowing cool air during mid day 90s. Found high pressure service valve leak after I mistakenly removed dust cap last night while topping off coolant again with another can. The cap came off with pressure and blew out the small round gasket inside it, coolant fizzled out a little. I bumped the ball inside the valve a couple times trying to get it to reseat but it wouldn't completely and then just put the cap with gasket back on.

Besides dumping the coolant entirely and replacing the high pressure service port valve is there anything else that can be done? Everything else is working fine otherwise. Freon was not completely gone, just a little low.
    Last edited by Spur hunter; 09-20-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

They make a service kit for it. Comes with a new schrader valve. You will lose your freon and should pull a vacuum on it before recharging.
    More fuel = more boost!!

That's what I was hoping to avoid, dumping the Freon and the vacuum. Means having someone service it. I need to find a metal dust cap that will seal the pressure. LOL!
    Thanks for the information.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles