Thread: NFL HoF's want $300,000 annual salary...

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default NFL HoF's want $300,000 annual salary...

...and lifetime health insurance. Hell I want that too, I image all retiree from any field wants it. I was never a hero in the NFL but I was a hero to my kids. So where's mine? Gimme, gimme, gimme!

Looks like at half of SMU's Pony Express is stirring a stink. Thankfully Kurt Warner and Jerry Rice want no part of it. Both of those guys, especially Jerry, have always been class acts.

Eric Dickerson seeks lifetime $300,000 annual salary for all NFL Hall of Famers
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Seems to me like they just need a good financial adviser. It's not a lack of money, it's a lack of self control.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    Seems to me like they just need a good financial adviser. It's not a lack of money, it's a lack of self control.
    Exactly!
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

I enjoyed the documentary on SMU and Eric Dickerson on ESPN years ago. It may have been 30 for 30. The SWC was the wild west for recruiting. Baylor was going to pay Dickerson handsomely, obscenely even, and SMU lured him away. Nobody's talking about what it took but it must have been a pile of money.

I still remember the Cotton Bowl where SMU beat Pitt on NYD 7-3 with Dickerson and Craig James in the backfield. Marino and Pitt weren't that great his last year, when Jackie Sherill left for TAMU.

Supposedly Marcus Dupree was offered $250K by one school and his own oil well by another. He signed with OK.

Well I see both sides of it, most NFL careers very short and owners damn sure ain’t going broke by any means

I think they need to look after ALL retired players and not just a select few if they are going to pursue this

MLB for instance IF you play ONE DAY in MLB you have health insurance for life , 10 years you get a nice pension as well

NFL players have shortest career and least amount of money and deal with worst injuries of all sports

Like it or not guys that play are BEST IN THE WORLD at what they do.

NFL will probably have to cave in somewhat due to all these head injuries, in all honesty guy that was All State RB with me in HS played in college and some in USFL is showing signs of this now according to his BIL. He was fortunate enough to complete his degree and had a very good job after football

I think end of day they would be content with health insurance for life
    Last edited by tprice; 09-22-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by w33kender View Post
    I enjoyed the documentary on SMU and Eric Dickerson on ESPN years ago. It may have been 30 for 30. The SWC was the wild west for recruiting. Baylor was going to pay Dickerson handsomely, obscenely even, and SMU lured him away. Nobody's talking about what it took but it must have been a pile of money.

I still remember the Cotton Bowl where SMU beat Pitt on NYD 7-3 with Dickerson and Craig James in the backfield. Marino and Pitt weren't that great his last year, when Jackie Sherill left for TAMU.
    In that 30 for 30, Dickerson said he took a pay cut to go to the NFL