Bible Study Verses
Matthew 7:13 - 14
"Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." (ESV)

Thoughts
I am fortunate to have permission to hunt on a piece of property that borders the Shenandoah River. There is a dirt road that leads up from the river bottom to the top of a large hill. The road forms a large circle around the perimeter of the hill top. The deer love to use the road to move around.

One day while scouting I took a short cut through the woods and brush that was in the middle between the roads. Right in the middle I stumbled across a very well-worn narrow trail that ran up the middle. Any deer walking up this trail would be extremely difficult to see. As I walked the trail I found several signs left by the wise buck who used it to avoid danger.
(Terry L)

Action Point
The road above makes for easy walking and we know it and so does the deer and many a deer has lost its life by taking the easy road. As we walk through this life we make a lot of choices and one of them is what path we will take.

We can take the easy wide road or we can take the less traveled narrow road.

On the easy road we turn our back on the truth or we comprise to the point where it is no longer relevant. Sure it could make our walk easier, but what about our witness and effectiveness for the kingdom?

The narrow path is hard, but it leads to a life that is a shining example of God's love and it gives us a life worth living. On the narrow road we stand on biblical truths and trust in our Lord.

Sportsman's Tip of the Day
When ever out scouting and you find a trail that is being heavily used by does check for parallel trails. Checking on the downwind side is a good starting place. Mature bucks will stay out of site on these safer trails and they like to be downwind so they can keep a check for a doe that might be in season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk