Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SC 2019 Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I think all schools are going to that......for makeup games.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    No anytime the season begins in August every team gets 2 byes. College football always opens on Labor Day weekend and next year that means they have to play in August. It has happened in years past when they start playing in August. It was something they changed some years back

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I wish Clemson could build a schedule like that too, but the good teams are scared to take an out-of-conference L. Except for TAM, they apparently ain't skeered.
    All these tough games minus Clemson are conference games. Join a conference that expands for football and not basketball and you can have this schedule. Clemson is a bass in a goldfish pond in football in the ACC. Also SEC teams don't have to schedule non conference games like Clemson. If you take care of business in the SEC you're in the playoffs. Clemson on the other hand HAS to schedule those games to beef the schedule. Those are the facts of the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    No anytime the season begins in August every team gets 2 byes. College football always opens on Labor Day weekend and next year that means they have to play in August. It has happened in years past when they start playing in August. It was something they changed some years back
    Sounds legit, but I did see where they are considering lengthening the season by a week, not for more games, but so makeup games can be played.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    UGA would beat Clem by 3 tds.
    Will save this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Don't be so twitchy and insecure. It's an inside joke you aren't a part of and has nothing to do with Clemson.

Go be paranoid somewhere else.
    Roger that. War Eagle.

Quote Originally Posted by LowcountryBuck View Post
    Will save this one.

Join a conference that expands for football and not basketball and you can have this schedule. Clemson is a bass in a goldfish pond in football in the ACC. Also SEC teams don't have to schedule non conference games like Clemson. If you take care of business in the SEC you're in the playoffs. Clemson on the other hand HAS to schedule those games to beef the schedule. Those are the facts of the matter.
    Thanks capt obvious. We all know that the SEC won't have Clemson. It's abundantly clear that the SEC isn't interested in Clemson since they're not gaining a real TV market. From a football and location standpoint it'd make sense, but we all know it's not about that... It's about TV dollars. The pockets those tv dollars are in is changing rapidly.

I still think conference realignment is coming, question is when. Not if, but when the steaming providers can afford to outspend the networks for college football rights it'll change things forever. Then Clemson might have a shot at getting in a more competitive conference. Until then they're stuck and everyone knows it. It's not Clemson's fault the rest of the ACC isn't keeping up.

And since they're stuck they have to look out of conference for bigger games, therein lies the dilemma. Top notch football programs in the south are pretty much in the SEC, and for the reason you mentioned, won't schedule Clemson.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Thanks capt obvious. We all know that the SEC won't have Clemson. It's abundantly clear that the SEC isn't interested in Clemson since they're not gaining a real TV market. From a football and location standpoint it'd make sense, but we all know it's not about that... It's about TV dollars. The pockets those tv dollars are in is changing rapidly.

I still think conference realignment is coming, question is when. Not if, but when the steaming providers can afford to outspend the networks for college football rights it'll change things forever. Then Clemson might have a shot at getting in a more competitive conference. Until then they're stuck and everyone knows it. It's not Clemson's fault the rest of the ACC isn't keeping up.

And since they're stuck they have to look out of conference for bigger games, therein lies the dilemma. Top notch football programs in the south are pretty much in the SEC, and for the reason you mentioned, won't schedule Clemson.

You are one of the few Clemson fans on this sight that has the balls to say what you just did and for that I applaud you sir. Also it will be a long long time before Clemson sniffs the SEC if ever. Georgia, Florida, aTm, and South Carolina have made it clear they do not want their instate rivals in the conference. You can throw Kentucky into that mix to but Louisville is no threat in football so no one mentions that. If the SEC expands again I look for them to go after Oklahoma or West Virginia and that will be the end of the Big 12. They wouldn't be my first choice but that would probably be what happens. I'd prefer NC State and Va Tech because culturally I feel they fit the conference better. The buyout in the ACC is to large right now for that to happen.

I wish they would expand again and add two more teams. Clemson and Oklahoma would be great. I dont think either one of those teams is dumb enough to join the SEC though.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    It's not bad timing bruh, it's what they are. A .500 team, have been for their entire existence.......
    I’d hardly call 1 trophy and 1 4th runner up pretend ring .500.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

I wish they would expand again and add two more teams. Clemson and Oklahoma would be great. I dont think either one of those teams is dumb enough to join the SEC though.
    Why have to earn a spot into the playoffs when you can always default-in by being the tallest midget?

How about Ga Tech instead.....

The acc was the best conference in football 2 seasons ago

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Why have to earn a spot into the playoffs when you can always default-in by being the tallest midget?
    Eggzackly.

Do any of y'all work?
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge

They arent that dumb either. PJ has coached them to a couple 10 win seasons playing in the ACC. Idk if he'd ever get bowl eligible in the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by ecwooduck View Post
    Do any of y'all work?
    As little as possible.

They were a founding member of the SEC and Spurriered.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Hold up on that car wash....

You and that common sense shit can both go the hell back to where you came from.....WE HAVE NO PLACE FOR THAT IN ECU's FORUM.

As little as possible.
    more agreeing
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.