Thread: Handy Device for Travel and Emergencies

Default Handy Device for Travel and Emergencies

I travel, not as much as I used to but more than I want to these days and the one thing that frustrates me is chargers and power outlets. This product was recommended to me about a year ago so I bought it. Now, I do not leave home without it. It is great for hotel rooms and you become a superstar at airports if you have one of these. Just find an outlet, plug it in then watch the world beat a path to your door. It also has intelligence to be able to be controlled by Alexa should you be so inclined. Each of this outlets can be controll seperately by Alexa or the app including light timers, switching on demand.

What I failed ot realize during my year-long love affair is that it is the perfect companion for generator season. We charged phones and iPads and ran our electronics through it (MacBook Pro charger, TV, ApplTV, etc.) to protect them from surges or spikes. Just thought I would pass it along. It is very low profile at less than an inch thick and less than eight inches long. Buy it, you will not regret it; however, if you get hooked on this whole Alexa thing, that is on you. MG

(Disclosure: I do not work for Amazon or its affiliates, but I would like to be Jeff Bezos, godson, should he be so inclined.)

https://smile.amazon.com/IMILLET-Pro...%26+Google+Hom

316i1zLUl9L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 09-19-2018 at 02:27 PM.
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    Nice item, but funny story. I packed a power strip in my luggage for a cruise. Had a note from security on my door the first afternoon to meet downstairs. Not gonna lie, I got nervous...They had gone in my luggage and confiscated it. Said I could get it back at end of cruise before getting off boat. I told them they could have it. Last time I packed one for travel.
    Cruise ships are really sensitive about use of electricity, but we did manage to sneak one onboard with us. TSA will let it go through for airline travel, mine has thousands of miles on it. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

I have one very similar to that that went to England and France this year... good item, but mine doesn't have the Alexa connectivity. Don't need/want that anyway. It will be going to Africa and other places with me in the next few months.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen