Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dads hunting truck

What a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Sexy beast right there. Look forward to seeing the progression. I, too, spent a lot of time in that swamp years ago before it became Duck Bottom.
    You may remember my dad and uncle and I’m sure many others if you frequented Horatio Hunt Club. There were only 3 knot headed boys down there on a regular basis, that would’ve been me,my brother, and one other. Not sure how old you are but that was when it was a dog club and prior to Bruce rebuilding our old club house.
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

I wouldn't paint it. If you care to, those old paint jobs sand and polish up extremely easily and leave a patina that tells the story you won't want to cover up.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I wouldn't paint it. If you care to, those old paint jobs sand and polish up extremely easily and leave a patina that tells the story you won't want to cover up.
    Absolutely agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot wait to see some progress pics

Nice K

I have ridden around in there with an old SKS shooting hogs.. Back when I drank, so of course I had a sticky face rock&rye buzz..

I have my Grandfathers 64. Three on the tree all original. I think I’m going to to do a LS engine swap and leve the body all original.
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by hunting_jim View Post
    This!
    Agreed 100%. Leave the patina the way it is but have someone clear coat over it. Have it gone thru mechanically head to toe but keep it as stock as possible and as close to the way you remember it. That is 1sweet ride.
    every expert was once a beginner

Don't clear over it

Leave the finish like it is, that’s a history of your dad’s life. Fix up the rest and drive it with pride. That truck is cool as it is.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Wow Kyle, that brings back some memories. I rode many a dusty mile in the cab and bed of that old beast. That bad boy has hauled out more venison than most for sure. I can still hear that old engine turning over. Nothing could stop it.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I killed my first wood duck, a hen, at Horatio hunting club in 1985.
    Killed my first deer, wood duck and mallard down there as a kid in the 70's. Caught my first striper off Mackie sandbar while camping and had to abandon a pair of chest waders after stepping in a stump hole wading in the Old River. Saw the biggest buck of my life on a dog drive right behind the judge's barn. So many memories growing up down there. Tom, Gene Franklin, Bennie Raffield, and my dad.....they were giants in my eyes. If I am ever half the man any of them are- were I will be doing ok.
    Last edited by JJ1965; 09-24-2018 at 05:49 PM.
    When it comes your time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song and die like a hero going home. -Tecumseh-

Quote Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
    You're also one of select few clemings with sense.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ1965 View Post
    Killed my first deer, wood duck and mallard down there as a kid in the 70's. Caught my first striper off Mackie sandbar while camping and had to abandon a pair of chest waders after stepping in a stump hole wading in the Old River. Saw the biggest buck of my life on a dog drive right behind the judge's barn. So many memories growing up down there. Tom, Gene Franklin, Bennie Raffield, and my dad.....they were giants in my eyes. If I am ever half the man any of them are- were I will be doing ok.
    Yessir Jimmy! Good times and good memories with many good people down there. Wish I knew then what I know now, I'd still be hangin on those fellas every word!
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.