Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dads hunting truck

Default Dads hunting truck

Dads old 65 GMC was almost the victim of my barn roof failure doing the storm last weekend. This, among a few other things, gave us a little initiative to go ahead and start the project we've talked about for some years now. He and my Uncle Norman hauled my brother and I around the deer club in Horatio as boys and even though I wont be able to ride my boys in that same swamp, I'm hoping to still make some good memories with them once again. It may be a slow process but hope to be able to post some updates on our progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by colej; 09-19-2018 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Pic moving
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

What a beauty!

I killed my first wood duck, a hen, at Horatio hunting club in 1985.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Looking forward to the results.

Heck yeah

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I killed my first wood duck, a hen, at Horatio hunting club in 1985.
    I killed my first wood duck drake in what we I believe called Bonnet Lake in that same club around that same time.
    GENESIS 1 : 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by colej View Post
    I killed my first wood duck drake in what we I believe called Bonnet Lake in that same club around that same time.
    My dad and I were guests of Bruce McCown
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Now that is awesome!! Look forward to the updates!
    All Men are self made, but, only the successful ones admit it!

2thDoc "because nothing matters till the games are played and clemson people have enjoyed success and know how to deal with it.

any other stupid questions?"......Classic!

CP#96743

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    My dad and I were guests of Bruce McCown
    Yes sir I remember Bruce. Small frame fella with dark hair and thick mustache and loved to get off the beaten path to kill stuff. He walked me to a many of stands on our dog drives. Funny what you can remember as a kid!

That's a real truck there, please post update pics of the restore!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Cool truck! Good luck with the project.

Why can you not ride your boys around in that swamp?

I'm not familiar with the area.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

That’s one bad truck
    If it was a short bed it would double the value
    But to you it’s priceless
    Keep us updated I will be following this thread

Damn right.

Quote Originally Posted by Silentweapon338 View Post
    Cool truck! Good luck with the project.

Why can you not ride your boys around in that swamp?

I'm not familiar with the area.
    It’s currently Duck Bottom Plantation. We lost the lease when I was about 14 or so. I guess technically I could take a drive in there since my cousin manages the lodge down there but I’ve never been one to invite myself somewhere. I see her fairly often but just never really tried.

My personal opinion is to leave exterior the way it is. Address any major rust, but that thing is beautiful the way it is!
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    My personal opinion is to leave exterior the way it is. Address any major rust, but that thing is beautiful the way it is!
    Yes we are just basically going to fix what’s broke and clean it up for a paint job in the same colors. I’ve always like the stock look with just maybe small mods but not all “tricked out” I guess you could say.

Quote Originally Posted by thawhacker View Post
    That’s one bad truck
    If it was a short bed it would double the value
    But to you it’s priceless
    Keep us updated I will be following this thread
    Yea I like the short bed look but Dad always said if he couldn’t put a sheet of plywood down in it with room for more, he didn’t want it ha ha.

That's a machine. Looking forward to the updates.

Sexy beast right there. Look forward to seeing the progression. I, too, spent a lot of time in that swamp years ago before it became Duck Bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    This!