Thread: Rem 700 trigger

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rem 700 trigger

Late to the party and probably dumb to ask but please school me if I should be concerned any further.
    Adjusted two walker triggers this past weekend on a couple of 700s I own. Did a little internet sleuthing prior to doing so and viewed what I think was a good youtube vid on the subject.

Adjusted the over travel and trigger to 2.8lbs on digital scales (average of multiple tests) and dabbed a bit of lock tite on the screws. Whopped on the action with a mallet just like in the video to check for slam firing, bounced the rifle butt harshly on the floor after reassembly and slammed the action shut multiple times without any issue. No issues prior with either gun, nor any other 700 I've ever hunted. DID NOT touch sear adjustment screw. Sear overlap on both guns appear to be identical through view hole on side of trigger assembly.

Last edited by Spur hunter; 09-19-2018 at 07:13 AM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles