Thread: Rem 700 trigger

Default Rem 700 trigger

Late to the party and probably dumb to ask but please school me if I should be concerned any further.
    Adjusted two walker triggers this past weekend on a couple of 700s I own. Did a little internet sleuthing prior to doing so and viewed what I think was a good youtube vid on the subject.

Adjusted the over travel and trigger to 2.8lbs on digital scales (average of multiple tests) and dabbed a bit of lock tite on the screws. Whopped on the action with a mallet just like in the video to check for slam firing, bounced the rifle butt harshly on the floor after reassembly and slammed the action shut multiple times without any issue. No issues prior with either gun, nor any other 700 I've ever hunted. DID NOT touch sear adjustment screw. Sear overlap on both guns appear to be identical through view hole on side of trigger assembly.

Last edited by Spur hunter; 09-19-2018 at 07:13 AM.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

i know nothing of all this but the wood on that top gun is purdy
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I had someone adjust mine last year. I shot it with no problems. But in on this thread to make sure none will come up.

Two good looking deer killers. That top gun is pretty.

I adjusted the stock trigger on a Model 7 I've had a long time. It's actually a pretty good trigger but I'd consider replacing it if I ever thought about selling or gifting the gun simply because of the liability. (I never get rid of guns anymore.) I have probably missed a factory recall opportunity and since I've touched it, I might be left holding the bag if someone figured out how to shoot themselves with it.
    Last edited by Palmetto Bug; 09-19-2018 at 08:36 AM.

I have one the looks like the one on the bottom. I bought it in 9th grade with cash I had saved up doin shitty work. It was the gun of Jackie bushman. I wanted to be like him but my dad woulda slapped me for wearing a bandana.

Is the bell of the scope on the laminated stock gun touching the barrel? I adjust every Remington trigger as soon as I get the rifle, right out of the gun and replace it with a Timney.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

No, there is 1/16" or so gap there. It's the angle of the photo I guess.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    I have one the looks like the one on the bottom. I bought it in 9th grade with cash I had saved up doin shitty work. It was the gun of Jackie bushman. I wanted to I think you should incorporate a bandanna into the next mini bike jump picturebe like him but my dad woulda slapped me for wearing a bandana.
    I funny you should incorporate a bandanna into the next mini bike jump picture
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...