Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new hunting boot

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I've worn my Lacrosse Grange boots all over this country and Canada. Spend money on good socks and go forth
    x2 - That's about all I ever wear. You can take out a brand new pair and wear them walking all day with zero blisters or hot spots and they're waterproof for years.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I've worn my Lacrosse Grange boots all over this country and Canada. Spend money on good socks and go forth
    Solid advice

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Five Oh View Post
    I don't know how warm they are, but I really like my Lowas. I'm the unofficial boot tester where I work, seeing as I can tear a pair up in no time. I've had multiple styles of Danners, Under Armour, even Reebok and Blackhawk among others. I'm testing Merrells now. Lowas beat them all, hands down. For those considering them, the Under Armour and Blackhawks were absolute trash, wore holes in them and soles came unglued in weeks.
    I have 2 pair of the Merrel MOAB Tactical. There pretty good, but nothing like the Lowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Dick View Post
    I have 2 pair of the Merrel MOAB Tactical. There pretty good, but nothing like the Lowa.
    I agree so far. The fit and comfort of the Lowas is far superior, I'll have to see how long these Merrells last.

Do they have to be insulated?

I would think so, I have never had to really think about boots , so this is all new to me,, I just want something that is going to keep my feet warm and be comfortable
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Herman Survivors from Walmart!!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

If you get the hunter 2 from schnees you can add extra liners if needed. Plus they will rebuild them for life. The Kennetreks however are the best boots I own.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Oh View Post
    I agree so far. The fit and comfort of the Lowas is far superior, I'll have to see how long these Merrells last.
    The fabric on the Merrels doesn’t seem like they’re going to make the long haul. I’ll probably buy some more, but will go with the regular ones.

I agree with turkey man....lacrosse grange and the burlys if’n you need insulation.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Being a cheap ass about your footwear is like buying a Jarrett rifle and shooting Core Lokts through it. Spend some money and get good boots.

You better buy some in a hurry and get em broken in if you’re going in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My boy blue.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I’ll stick with Keens.

If they don't have to be insulated I'd recommend some Salomon 4d GTX

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    Take a look at Lowa. They have great boots. Not $500 but they will run you a good 250-300.
    Any particular pair that you have used? I'm looking for a good upland boot myself and had a pair of Lowa awhile back... it was a very good shoe, just have never tried the boots.
    At least I'm housebroken.

I have the Lowa Tibet GTX. The eyelets are good and they have a little stud that keeps the tongue straight which I like. They are just a little heavier than the Kennetrek safari. Unless you are packing in to hunt in a mountain environment they are both over kill.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    FWIW, I know of some SEALs in Afghanistan that wore Salomons, so they definitely win on the durability scale.

Quote Originally Posted by teal74 View Post
    I have the Lowa Tibet GTX. The eyelets are good and they have a little stud that keeps the tongue straight which I like. They are just a little heavier than the Kennetrek safari. Unless you are packing in to hunt in a mountain environment they are both over kill.
    Cool I will check those out..thanks. May be doing some grouse chasing in the mountains some times..
    At least I'm housebroken.

I have the Lowa TF mid's. I was looing for the high's but ran across a pair of the mid's on ebay for 1/2 the price, so I tried them out. Glad I did, I'll buy another pair as soon as these Merrells wear out. They run approx 1/2 size small. I wear a 13W normally, so I went with the 14. They fit perfect!!

https://www.lowaboots.com/mens/task-...d-tf-coyote-op
    Last edited by Tha Dick; 09-21-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Are you walking all day in the grass shooting pheasants or spot and stalk in the rockier hills in western SD? That would determine what I wore.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    There is no other lightweight boot that can compete with this boot in pricing, durability, comfort or longevity Stump.
    Genesis 9;2