Thread: Preference on Presses.

Default Preference on Presses.

I'm thinking of loading for my 338RUM , 300WbyMag. and 338WinMag. For us here the 338RUM is special order stuff. I know it's an orphan but it's more pleasant to shoot than any of my 300s. I can spend north of 65 bucks(cdn funds) per box for 300s. The 338 win are about the same and the RUM gonna go for 85-120 depending on what I order.
    Where would you start ?
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

FWIW, I’ve been loading rifle rounds on the same Rock Chucker for 30 yrs and never had an issue with it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

2nd vote for the RCBS Rock Chucker

Yep

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

I've been using the same Lyman turret for 45 years, but it's no longer available. I would go with the Rock Chucker.

forster co-ax
    Last edited by mello_collins; 09-18-2018 at 02:07 PM.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

I have the RCBS Jr., it at least 40 yrs. old.

If you want to purchase used go to 24 Hour Campfire or AccurateReloading, both often have used equipment .

Drink the Blue Koolaid
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

Redding Turret press. Set all your dies up over a couple of turrets and never have to change them. However I have moved to a Foster Coax. Set up the dies and just slip them in out. Currently I'm using both pressed deciding which I like best. Foster is winning so far.

Very hard to beat a Forester Coax for its ability to defeat run out. However it is restricted in height abilities which may hinder you depending on bullet choice in the Rums if you have a repeater and not a single shot.. I am stuck at 3.876 due to the yoke, but then again that is still longer than allowable by CIP mag box so no biggy.
    Genesis 9;2