Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Browning Dura Touch

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Anyone had this problem on a rifle?

My Xbolt is probably 6yrs old and starting to do it.
    Buddy’s has been getting worse for years now. He’s called browning and they told him close to a year for a new stock. His is a black short action x-bolt. He had me looking for replacements, and finally had it dipped. I can’t believe how bad it was when he showed it to me.

Anything with DEET in it will eat the dura touch as well

Problem solution... Dont buy a browning, especially when a 700 is an option. And as far as shotguns, benellis or berettas are available.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Problem solution... Dont buy a browning, especially when a 700 is an option. And as far as shotguns, benellis or berettas are available.
    Id rather have the browning problem of the finish coming off the stock, then the Remington problem of the gun going off
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Id rather have the browning problem of the finish coming off the stock, then the Remington problem of the gun going off
    Pretty sure that was fixed... and even if it wasnt you could send them off and theyd fix it for free, hopefully theyll do that with yours.. I just have never been much on over paying for something when you can get something better for about the same price or cheaper.

meh, extra grip!

Anthony at Carolina custom camo, is doing Browning dura touch warranty work
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

anyone around that cerakotes them? Id love to do my old bps 10.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Anthony does that to
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by kquinn View Post
    Anything with DEET in it will eat the dura touch as well
    Yep and spray sunscreen too. It’s not just Browning, any of these soft touch pads will react to it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Rebel Yell Armory in Dorcester, SC does cerakote & gunsmith work. they did very good work for a good price when i needed a barrel cut down, rethreaded, & recrowned. it's just a small back-yard shop, but the guy works a 9-5 job in IT & does it as a hobby along with his gunsmith trained son & a buddy of theirs who subs some work , the buddy helps build government contracted & private custom long range rifles so even the real technical work they can accomodate, i think the buddy's employer is chi-tac or something like that, & yea off deepwoods 40% deet will melt off the camo coating on a benelli or a browning and the neoprene cuffs on a sitka coat
    Last edited by shoooooots; 10-17-2018 at 02:06 PM.

Providing an update. Shipped a shotgun to Browning today. The Browning representative I spoke with was very helpful. He emailed a prepaid shipping label and a service repair form within minutes of my call. However, he informed that due to backlog, the gun would be ready in March.

Mine (see Trading Post) was handled under warranty though the gun was several years old. Took 18 months to get it back due to "the backlog".

Tip - Browning will only return the gun to its original finish and configuration. When I filled out the form and returned it, I requested Mossy Oak Bottomland finish. Turns out since the gun was originally Mossy Oak Shadow Grass, they reapplied that finish instead of what I requested. They also removed the Sure Cycle from the gun and installed factory springs etc. making sure it left the factory in 100% stock configuration.

Update: received my gun today. Everything looks good.

Did you ship the whole gun? Or just pieces?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Custom Camo in Lugoff, just had one done a while back. Stripped the sticky shit, dipped and cerekoted...

Shipped the entire gun (shotgun). Browning refinished it and shipped on their dime.