Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Latest Hurricane Update.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    You bout outa of it Salty but moving right over the house as I type. We got lucky with bout 2.02 today so far. Wind gusting to 32 but we need the rain.
    Yeah, hope it picks up some speed for y’all upstate. Been a long week down here getting all the prep done for what was forecast and then waiting on this thing to crawl through. Luckily a lawnmower and leaf blower can do most of the clean-up. Just hope my wife and kids can make it back tomorrow.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I can assure that because of the “politics” involved, they won’t turn Wilson’s loose unless they absolutely have to. SC hasn’t updated their report since Thursday so I can’t sY for sure if they’re spilling or not.
    DNR claims they won’t close the season in Santee Swamp again because the new tag system will control the number of deer that can be taken. Good luck with that. It turned into a slaughter fest by a few in 2015 when it flooded.

I want to go sit in that stand again.. (The 1 Santee 11 & you have)

I will a test to the few shooting it up. Holy crap talk about raping the wild life.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    I can assure that because of the “politics” involved, they won’t turn Wilson’s loose unless they absolutely have to. SC hasn’t updated their report since Thursday so I can’t sY for sure if they’re spilling or not.
    DNR claims they won’t close the season in Santee Swamp again because the new tag system will control the number of deer that can be taken. Good luck with that. It turned into a slaughter fest by a few in 2015 when it flooded.

Yep, and that rest on mr Ruth’s shoulders. I personally called him and asked him why it wasn’t closed again with a full flooding and it “just wasn’t a popular idea”

Front that day forward I haven’t been a fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    The river is back to normal level.

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

I still ain't figured out if it's a CAT 4, CAT 2 or tropical storm? All I got so far is a little rain and some not so bad gusts yesterday.

Btw, why do these doom and gloom, climate change idiots keep telling us storms are getting worse?. In 2006 and 2007 we didn't get any hurricanes. They were far worse back in the 1930s and 1940s and have consistently declined in intensity since. There's the occasional bad one like Hugo and Katrina but overall there are fewer of them and they are weaker. Climate is measured on historical data, not one dang year. Idiots I tell you, all of them talking heads are idiots.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Read one article where they were saying we’re going to start having cat 6 hurricanes!

Quote Originally Posted by Interceptor4 View Post
    Read one article where they were saying we’re going to start having cat 6 hurricanes!
    They love to sell Fear!!!!

Idiots.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    I still ain't figured out if it's a CAT 4, CAT 2 or tropical storm? All I got so far is a little rain and some not so bad gusts yesterday.

Btw, why do these doom and gloom, climate change idiots keep telling us storms are getting worse?. In 2006 and 2007 we didn't get any hurricanes. They were far worse back in the 1930s and 1940s and have consistently declined in intensity since. There's the occasional bad one like Hugo and Katrina but overall there are fewer of them and they are weaker. Climate is measured on historical data, not one dang year. Idiots I tell you, all of them talking heads are idiots.
    They do love to sell fear and dramatize stuff, but a lot of people prayed that God would spare us or give us strength to deal with it, and I believe that prayer was answered. So don’t pout that it wasn’t worse

These idiots are dumb as dog sh!t. Here's a few of their talking points lately.

• Trump is going to kill 80,000 people a year with his policies.
    (Paris Accords and stuff don't ya know)

• Trump is an evil liar for saying 3,000 people didn't die in Puerto Rico.
    (Puerto Rico's official total was 64)

Of course once this went viral they changed the number of dead to more closely match the 3,000. More $$$$s.

The 3,000 number came from a computer model run, after the fact, at George Washington University. Other models predicted lower numbers but naturally they all decided to go with the GWU model. I wish 2,940 live Puerto Ricans would hit the insurance companies up for life their insurance since they have been deemed dead.

I think the Northeastern corner of our state is about to flood for the second time in as many years to a degree not seen in my lifetime.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    I think the Northeastern corner of our state is about to flood for the second time in as many years to a degree not seen in my lifetime.
    Yep. And parts of NC are are devastated as well.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    They do love to sell fear and dramatize stuff, but a lot of people prayed that God would spare us or give us strength to deal with it, and I believe that prayer was answered. So don’t pout that it wasn’t worse
    Nothing wrong with that. You won't ever find me pouting about people not suffering. My beef is with them trying to scare people to death instead of being straightforward and truthful. When they do that crap it demoralizes those that believe the BS they say. They are beaten and scared before the storm ever gets here. Nothing good can come from over-hyping a disaster. If you believe there is, then you believe falsehoods/lies can be a good thing. My Bible says they are evil and that God hates a liar. God is the purest of Love and for Love to hate something in a very big deal. But God hates a liar.

Proverbs 6:16-19 and Proverbs 12:22 (KJV)

Nichols was devastated by the after-effects of hurricane Matthew. Heavy rainfall upriver from the town caused widespread flooding and destroyed the town's downtown business district.
    By Tracy Glantz
    POLITICS & GOVERNMENT
    Nichols residents evacuate, fearing repeat of flood that left town submerged for days
    BY AVERY G. WILKS AND SAMMY FRETWELL

awilks@thestate.com

sfretwell@thestate.com

September 16, 2018 09:42 AM

Updated 1 hour 25 minutes ago

Storm-weary Nichols has evacuated after hearing projections that flooding from Hurricane Florence could submerge the Pee Dee town for the second time in two years.

Local and state officials went door to door in the town of 400 Saturday, telling residents flooding was “more-than-likely imminent” and urging them to leave, Nichols town clerk Sandee Rogers told The State.

All but six families had fled the town by Sunday morning, Rogers said.

Local officials know who the holdouts are and where to find them if the town floods like it did after Hurricane Matthew in October 2016, when the nearby Lumber and Little Pee Dee rivers spilled their banks and devastated the Marion County town.

“We are being told that we could possibly flood as bad if not worse as we did in 2016,” Rogers said, adding she wishes those last six families would leave, too. “We have made every preparation possible.”

Flooding is a concern for the broader Pee Dee region, according to S.C. Department of Natural Resources spokesman Robert McCullough.

State officials expect flooding in the region’s Lumber, Waccamaw, Little Pee Dee and Pee Dee rivers, primarily because of rainfall and flooding in upstream North Carolina. State officials say rivers will rise throughout Sunday and crest later in the week.

Trying to prevent rising rivers from washing over major roads, the Department of Transportation was building temporary dams at U.S. 378 near the Florence-Marion County line and at the U.S. 501 bypass in Conway.

“It’s like a tsunami, except it comes on the river,’‘ McCullough said. “The water is deceptive. It starts rising. It is at your toes, then your ankles, and before you know it, it is at your knees. And it keeps coming. It’s a slow motion event.’‘

After Hurricane Matthew, most Nichols families didn’t need much persuading to leave, Rogers said.

The poverty-stricken town has struggled to rebuild since the flooding two years ago. About three-fifths of Nichols’ families had returned to their flooded-out homes by last week, while about half of the local businesses had rebounded.

Another round of flooding is the last thing they need, residents said last week.

“Once you were bit so quickly in the past, you have no problem with leaving,” she said.

All the predictions were much more accurate than they would have been a couple of decades ago. Lots of lives probably saved because of that. Mergie trigger warning: all due to advances in climate science and technology.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Is there even anyone left in Nichols?

I thought that was pretty much a ghost town after the last flood.

Bad news sells, and there is no doubt the usual crowd was trying to get ratings higher by standing in ditches having leaf blowers run against them in shots, and over reacting.

I use to think the idiots use to just say and do all of the stuff they do in a attempt to win politically, but its clear they have actually reared a generation that really believe all of this. It is no longer a political stunt. Look at the Google executives. They truly believe this now! Those kids are sick and need serious mental help. They were not joking, they were sincere.

But I for one was praying, and praying often pleading we would be spared by Florence.

I'm certainly not taking away from any other parts of the country, but if there is any part of the country that is left with God fearing and God praying folks it would be the area(s) the hurricane was scheduled to hit. Dirty Myrtle just reaped the benefits.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

It’s still kind of eerily quiet outside now that the wind and rain has stopped. No birds flying or making noise in the trees/bushes. No birds at all!

Surprised to see doves in the field and my yard in lower Lexington, still drizzling rain.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

https://www.facebook.com/ROrichmondo...9442414246228/

This is up the Pee Dee at Blewett Falls