Thread: Bear attacks

Default Bear attacks

Hunter was attacked in Teton today, and a ginseng poacher was killed and eaten in the Smokies a few days ago. They are on the prowl...

UPDATE, noon — A 20-person search continues in the patchy timber of the Teton Wilderness backcountry near Terrace Mountain, but through late morning searchers have had no breakthroughs in finding a missing Jackson Hole hunting guide.

Five 4-person teams are combing the area near where Martin Outfitters guide Mark Uptain was last seen Friday, when his bow-hunting client fled during a bear attack that involved multiple animals. That client, Florida resident Corey Chubon, was able to phone authorities, was flown out of the wilderness and, despite injuries, is in good enough condition that he was flying out of Jackson Hole this afternoon.

Uptain’s whereabouts, meanwhile, remain unknown.

Damn not good.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

They found the guide dead. Sounds like bear spray could have possibly saved a life.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Take a gun when you go bow hunting.

Take spray and a gun when dealing with a carcass in grizzly country.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Buddy called me a couple weeks ago and ask if I was coming up to Oconee for bear season with dogs. Said they have plenty. Maybe a good season

big ass black bear on the lawn at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville midday yesterday.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

I remember a show on cable about a sassy guy that lived with the grizzly bears on an island in Alaska. That dude was nuts. After several years of not dying, he convinced a woman to go out there with him and they both got eaten with the camera running. Would be a terrible way to go.

Black bears and grizzly bears are two completely different things. Seeing a grizzly close will really get your heart racing
    More Ducks, Less People

You don’t screw around in grizzly country...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Ive never been around grizzleys but you can bet if im hunting somewhere where they are ill have a big rifle or pistol and bear spray. I might lose but ill give it hell
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Wyoming was scheduled to open a hunting season this year. Tags had already been drawn and awarded. A judge shut it down. These bears need to be hunted. When there is big game hunting going on around grizzlies that aren't hunted, this scenario will play out more often.

Rubberhead

Anti hunting lobbies are all over bear hunting rights across the country and in Canada. That combined with a general waning respect for the power of nature is going to lead to more and more of these.

Rubberhead

Looks like he had and used the spray. Glad the guide can't be judged as negligent. Tough deal.

Rubberhead

Rubberhead

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Man that is tough to think about what it was like for them in that situation.

That sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk