Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Palmetto (Cajun) Navy-Waccamaw River

True but his post was ambiguous my post was for clarification .
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

911 is what we worked off of. We were stationed at fire departments and EOC centers. As the 911 calls came in, we were dispatched to the callers locations. We worked together with volunteer fire men and county rescue.
    E T

And that's exactly the way it is supposed to work. There has to be organization or you end up with a chaotic mess that is to no one's benefit.
    12-26-98 12-1-13

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    "f you know of someone or are in need of a high water rescue, use the Palmetto Navy Facebook page or the Crowd Source Rescue."

I don't understand why some of you keep saying this. A person in need should absolutely call 911 first. Let them dispatch the units out wether it is guvment or some other organization. Contacting PN or CN should only be done after calling 911 and finding out there is a huge delay or problem with units getting there. Those of you making these post should clarify this! This is just one reason why it is extremely critical that anyone participating be part of the EOC and that is not hard to do. And for God's sake if someone says they don't need you don't take it personal. Sometimes having too many personnel involved can be just as bad as not having enough.
    Maybe now it has calmed down enough to be able to call 911. But Thursday night 911 is jammed with calls and people could not get through. Local 911 switchboards were not capable of answering all the calls. The Louisiana Cajun Navy was working their on dispatchers from remote locations. They were working with local authorities and answering social media and zello calls for help. When they received a call they would direct contact local authorities to see if they could send someone out. If theycouldn't, they would try to reach someone registered on their team in the area. I listened to their Zello channel for a couple hours. It was amazing but it finally got to the point where they were overrun and had to turn over operations to Crowd Source Rescue.

I am heading out Thursday morning as an associate with my local fire department to assist other local agencies in rescues. All the agencies that the Chief spoke with said they would not refuse any help. So I dont think it's a case of not wanting help, they just want initial contact to go through them and for them to dispatch teams out.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Your last sentence is spot on, I could not have said it better.
    12-26-98 12-1-13