Thread: Best Rangefinder for the money??

Default Best Rangefinder for the money??

Lost my bowhunting rangefinder last month, and now looking for new one. I don't want to spend a lot of money for new one. Is there anybody tried the HALO rangefinders? Is there another $ 100 worth of brand that has proven to be profitable?
    Last edited by Thastings; 09-15-2018 at 11:37 AM.

I’ve got a Leupold XR1000 or something like that that’s been good. Had a Bushnell but after getting soaked it was toast. EuroOptic had a sale on Ziess and Leica that was great prices a month ago.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’ve got a Halo and it works great. I found it new on eBay for around $65.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    I’ve got a Leupold XR1000 or something like that that’s been good. Had a Bushnell but after getting soaked it was toast. EuroOptic had a sale on Ziess and Leica that was great prices a month ago.
    Funny that the bushnell quit on you. I dropped my bushnell while hunting one day and found it two years later when I was turkey hunting. Still works to this day. No complaints but I also need to get another. This ones old as dirt and still works but it needs to be replaced before long I’m sure.

The Sigs are legit. We use them in the long range matches on pretty small targets out to 1K yards plus. I think the doughnut is easier to aim than a cross hair. I’ve got a Vortex Ranger 1000 that works pretty well too. Its my hunting RF.

I have a Redfield that is great.......but, they don't make it anymore. If you lived closer, I have a Bushnell I'd sell you.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

Quote Originally Posted by whitty View Post
    Funny that the bushnell quit on you. I dropped my bushnell while hunting one day and found it two years later when I was turkey hunting. Still works to this day. No complaints but I also need to get another. This ones old as dirt and still works but it needs to be replaced before long I’m sure.
    This was a cheap one. Not sure if it just had bad seals but it was full of water. Then again I tend to break stuff a lot. The Leupold has been great so far.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I have a Nikon ID 3000 and don't have any complaints, I think it was around $160.

I’ve got one of the cheap halo ones. Doesn’t always find the flag on the golf course but works fine for hunting when I’ve used it.

I have a Nikon Prostaff 7, I think. It’s great. Does exactly what I expected it to.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I have the Leopold like toosalty. And , like toosalty, I had a bushnell crash on me. Mine just doesn’t read accurately. Bushnell bow hunt model It’s a few yards off at 20
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    The Sigs are legit. We use them in the long range matches on pretty small targets out to 1K yards plus. I think the doughnut is easier to aim than a cross hair. I’ve got a Vortex Ranger 1000 that works pretty well too. Its my hunting RF.
    I've got a kilo1250 and can't get it to pickup a house past 634 yds or a field edge past 600. I will be calling them next week.

The one I've used is mounted to a spotter on a tripod so it's stable and accurate as hell. We've use it to double check yardages at matches, because sometimes the ones they give are accurate sometimes they're not. It will hit stuff my Vortex and my buddy's Leica won't.

I have a nice older leupold that I sent back for work, it got all buggy with lines in it. I bought a leupold pincaddie while waiting on that one. I like it.
    Last edited by Highstrung; 09-14-2018 at 08:59 PM.