Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping a rifle for a hunt

I have had the same problem as Gut Pile with UPS. They would not ship a trigger assembly or a choke tube also. UPS said they can not ship anything firearm related anymore. So I have used FedEx here in Spartanburg. I shipped my shotgun and waders to a buddy Missouri last year because I had to travel for work first and didn't want to be carrying all that with me on a work trip prior to headed there. FedEx was great asked what we were hunting and said they ship guns all the time for people.
    Last edited by upstatewoodie; 09-13-2018 at 08:20 AM.
    there is not a thing wrong with 3 woodies a day!!!

OK, I just returned from USPS main office, Fedex and UPS hubs. Both Fedex and UPS require a FFL to ship and/or receive. The USPS will ship from one individual to another, no questions asked. Package must be unmarked.

Aren't you in Greenville, SC, I put on here an UPS store that would ship, he has shipped several from here for me not to a FFL.

It varies from store to store and employee to employee. Shipped plenty from UPS store in NMB. The old bat at the one in Dirty Myrtle damn near had a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by rrconductor View Post
    Aren't you in Greenville, SC, I put on here an UPS store that would ship, he has shipped several from here for me not to a FFL.
    Yes, thanks. I'm just reporting what the clerk at the main hub told me. I don't think anybody knows what in the hell is correct.

You might be able to ship it via commercial bus. Least ways you used to be able to. The big problem I see you encountering is the gorillas and the material handling equipment that is used to move packages. Some of them have (I was told by a PO employee) a 20 ft drop! ! ! ! ! ! If it is a nice rifle it would go in nothing less than a Pelican Case. And even then all bets are off as to whether it will get there or not like it left you.

I am also told UPS and USPS have X ray capability FWIW.

Now if you know any truckers going that way I know that has been done because I did it ! ! ! !
    Distinguished Rifleman High Power & Smallbore Prone, Presidents Hundred (Rifle), US Palma & Dewar Teams , Formerly US Army Picatinny Arsenal Small Cal Wpns Lab, Spec Projects Group Dover Devil Cal 50 Machinegun , Small Arms and Ammunition Test Director Aberdeen Prov Gnd, Member Int Wound Ballistics Assn., consultant to Fed Law Enf Tng Ctr, Glynco, US Border Pat, Defense Crim Inv Service, Army Munitions and Chem Cmd, Army Wound Ballistics Lab, NRA Life 1972, AC4HT, Firefighter 1, Shriner