Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teal

Thanks TM. Keep me posted on that rise and and your thoughts on water drop if you have the time. I took a look at some data but it wasn't really conclusive. Would be nice to field verify what I and others see in our state fields against what an active private manager is doing / able to do water wise.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Strick9 View Post
    Saw quite a few of them today. A lot of them have been topped. Interior dikes have been set where large breaches existed previously. The topping material looks pretty bad ( hopefully it will pack but lots of woody detritus showing in depths from top to bottom) but understandably so from the fact that the good stuff is long gone and the long reach can only get out so far.

The fields inside look terrible though, Phrag galore and giant chord grass everywhere. Most of the water was very high in the fields and the trunks had not been set to drain the rainfall yet. One step at a time and am super happy that the Delta repairs were spared.

Have not gotten an update on Samworth conditions after repair but should know something soon on those. BI a non issue at present.
    Samworth looks great...as of now...Upper Middleton set back is still not topped but is in place. They have put the appropriate pilings up to keep the riff raff out of the old field area. As of yesterday the dikes were being over topped at High Tide from the flooding, luckily they were smart enough to get everything filled before the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Quackhead22 View Post
    Samworth looks great...as of now...Upper Middleton set back is still not topped but is in place. They have put the appropriate pilings up to keep the riff raff out of the old field area. As of yesterday the dikes were being over topped at High Tide from the flooding, luckily they were smart enough to get everything filled before the storm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can’t say the same for my father-in-law’s fields. Tried to get him to put water on them before the storm but he wouldn’t. Heck I even offered to go open the trunks for him. I just hope they’ll hold. He still hasn’t fixed them back right from the last storm.
    For the ducks

Meanwhile broad river is catering to ringnecks.....

Pfftt.....ringnecks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    Can’t say the same for my father-in-law’s fields. Tried to get him to put water on them before the storm but he wouldn’t. Heck I even offered to go open the trunks for him. I just hope they’ll hold. He still hasn’t fixed them back right from the last storm.
    This type of thing eats my grits, sounds like it grinds yours too.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by beanhunter View Post
    Meanwhile broad river is catering to ringnecks.....

Pfftt.....ringnecks.

Contact the Broad River manager. Many have and tell him personally that you are not interested in RNs. That you only put in there for the Ms and Bs. That he should get rid of the goose food chuffa and stick to Corn with a little millet and rice.
    Genesis 9;2

please educate the uninformed on how you "manage for ringnecks."
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Watershield and a 4-5 foot pond depth rather than a 1 foot corn pond comes to mind.
    DILLIGAF

Plant 3/4 corn, 1/4 chufa, flood deep.

Lots of ringnecks killed and money made in Santee Cooper Country, using that very method.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.