Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: penzeys spices

yeaya, important days are good

kinda of I guess

if importance = good.. but they're typically a 50/50 deal

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i had starbucks this morning.

and I'm white.

and I buy spices from a company with liberal views.

and I like soccer.

This is an important day for me. I would like to thank you ALL for being a part of it.

I'm an ENIGMA!!! WOOHOO

Would that make you an enigmatic asshole? If so, that sounds kinda important. Next thing, you will be looking down on cat docs.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Racism Update: At Penzeys we believe it’s not the use of tools that set us on a different path from the rest of the animal world; what has set humanity in motion is cooking. In our nearly a million years gathered together around the fire, cooking shaped our bodies and transformed our minds. Cooking unlocked our potential and gave birth to reason, to religion, and to politics and government. The kindness of tens of thousands of generations of cooks created our humanity, but racism, sexism, and homophobia can all very quickly unravel all the goodness cooking puts out into the world. As the voice of cooks, we will never sit idly by while that happens.
    You may have read Tuesday Night’s email. In it I said: “The open embrace of racism by the Republican Party in this election is now unleashing a wave of ugliness unseen in this country for decades. The American people are taking notice. Let’s commit to giving the people a better choice. Our kindness really is our strength.”
    Since I ask you to read my emails, I feel it’s only right that I read each of your replies. In sifting through those replies it was clear that, though not intended, a good number of people seemed to sincerely believe that in my statement I was calling all Republicans racists. In the emails of those Republicans who voted for someone other than the party’s nominee, I sensed genuine pain at having the strength of character to not go along with what was happening, but nonetheless be grouped in with those who were. I apologize for writing something that caused you pain; that is not the person I want to be. You are your party’s future, and you deserve my admiration and respect, and your country’s as well.
    For the rest of you, you just voted for an openly racist candidate for the presidency of the United States of America. In your defense, most of you did so without thinking of the consequences of your candidate’s racism, because for most of you the heartbreaking destruction racism causes has never been anything you or your loved ones have had to experience. But the thing is elections have their consequences. This is no longer sixty years ago. Whether any of us like it or not, for the next four years the 80% of this country who did not just vote for an openly racist candidate are going to treat you like you are the kind of person who would vote for an openly racist candidate.
    You can get angry at everyone else for treating you like you just did the thing you just did, or you can take responsibility for your actions and begin to make amends. If you are lucky and younger family members are still coming over for Thanksgiving, before it’s too late, take a moment and honestly think about how your actions must look through their eyes. Simply saying “I never thought he’d win” might be enough. But if you have the means, leaving a receipt from a sizable donation to the ACLU or the SPLC accidentally laying around where you carve the turkey, might go over even better.
    Or, just do what you do best and volunteer. Through our customers’ support, we’ve given away a lot of our Penzeys Pepper, the Pepper with heart. More often than not, those we meet cooking and serving food to feed those in need are Republicans. You really are a good bunch, but you just committed the biggest act of racism in American history since Wallace stood in the schoolhouse doorway 53 years ago. Make this right. Take ownership for what you have done and begin the pathway forward.
    Thanks for reading,

Bill
    bill@penzeys.com

Bill Penzey seems to have a legitimate mental disorder. Also, if you use the code "NOPOLITICS" you get like 10% off of your next order or something.

Some people just need to be bitch slapped sometimes. Sounds like he was deprived of his last few.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Fuck that guy, his lemmons and his peppers.

From the guy who tells everyone else they need to "simplify" stuff because they "over think" everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    From the guy who tells everyone else they need to "simplify" stuff because they "over think" everything.
    i'm letting YALL overthink it while I just order spices.

but I am, indeed (to fuzz), an asshole.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

If Kent Fasteel sent me an email saying "Thanks for the last 20 years of unwavering patronage. We hate those liberal fools who hate 'Murica, too. Have a nice day."

I would not buy a single extra shell, nor one shell less than I need. How weak minded are the people that advertising works on anyway?

Liberals suck and so do Kents

You must be one of those who value their unburnt eye surfaces.

I think 2th is just trying to support anchor babies and gays that can't get the wedding cake they want.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    If Kent Fasteel sent me an email saying "Thanks for the last 20 years of unwavering patronage. We hate those liberal fools who hate 'Murica, too. Have a nice day."

I would not buy a single extra shell, nor one shell less than I need. How weak minded are the people that advertising works on anyway?
    But would it make you continue to buy Kent?

I will buy Kent until they bring back copper coated Federal #5 lead.

Advertising never factored in...

i played soccer with a nike ball last night. I really dont think it hurt (or helped).

For those of you that do not consider politics when you buy something, you may want to keep in mind that 2th’s buddy, Mr. Penzey, probably sends a percentage of every dollar he gets from 2th to the Dems. The Clintons appreciate your (indirect) support.

so if I spend $50/yr, how much does he send?

You’re a horrible dad