Thread: 9/8/18

Default 9/8/18

Grace’s 2nd hunt. Wasn’t a barn burner but got some dog work in. We’ve got some cleaning up to do on her training but she’s coming along just fine.

Some people say it’s about the fellowship or about being outside in nature, but here lately I’d have to say it’s been about watching this dog work. It’s been a lot of fun from obedience work all the way to hand signals. Can’t wait to watch the progress unfold this season.

3 collared doves and 1 mourning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Shes pretty man! Cant hunt the public fields until 2 here In MS. So my pup has had to stay home

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    Shes pretty man! Cant hunt the public fields until 2 here In MS. So my pup has had to stay home

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Thank you sir.

We’ve been hunting the shade and moving out into the field in the last hour or so. Also, I’ve been running her every afternoon after work in the heat, just enough to get her used to it. Don’t know if it works or not, but makes me feel like it conditions her a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm not so sure it "conditions" them as much as it helps them learn their limits. When my dog gets to that point, he knows to throttle back. Be careful and don't confuse a refusal with his self preservation strategy.

nothing like watching your dog that you trained perform in the field!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!