Thread: SC Turkey Hunt of a Lifetime

Default SC Turkey Hunt of a Lifetime

**DO NOT BID HERE**

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183422987517

This turkey hunt will take place during the 2019 turkey season. This hunt is for 2 nights at Oak Grove Plantation (4,000 acres with hunting lodge in the low country of SC) and the hunt will be for one bird. The winner of the hunt can bring a guest or a child, but the hunter(s) will only be allowed one gobbler total. This hunt will also include special guests Zach Farmer, Dave Owens (Pinhoti Project), Mike Williams (MKW), Steve Mann (MannMade Turkey Calls), Billy Buice (Buice Custom Calls), and more. Steve Mann will be building one box call to commemorate the hunt. All food and drinks will be provided as well as transportation to and from the airport (Charleston, Columbia, Augusta, Savannah) if the winner chooses to fly. We will hold nothing back in making sure the winner of this hunt has the hunt of their life surrounded by legends of the turkey woods. **All proceeds from this hunt will go the “Can’t Break Jake” cancer fundraiser for a young man who is battling cancer.

**Additional Info on Oak Grove Plantation**

OakGrove Plantation is a 4000 acre property located in Hampton & Allendale Co's of SC.

It is a family owned property whereby the family's profession has been natural resource management for over 50 years.

Over the years the Rhodes family has sculpted OakGrove to intertwine intensive forestry and game management creating a network of open pinewoods, cypress ponds, hardwood drains, and young pine timber.

The property is abundant with game as one would expect!

As with all game species at OakGrove, the Eastern wild turkey population is very lightly pressured typically yielding a harvest of 12 gobblers.
    Last edited by Calibogue; 09-10-2018 at 05:33 AM.
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Let’s get this party started for Jake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Wow

Obviously, a huge shout out to Cali for hosting this event. We intend to try to make this an incredible experience for a turkey hunter that will appreciate this group of folks. The hunting will obviously be incredible, but the stories over drinks will be the highlight. If you know a serious turkey hunter, please share this opportunity with them. They will not be disappointed.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

This will be an exciting 2 days...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

As an update, Mark Prudhomme saw this on Facebook and will be in attendance, as well as making a trumpet for the winner.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

$1,250

I have never met Sportin' Woodies, but that's who I am inviting!
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    $1,250

I have never met Sportin' Woodies, but that's who I am inviting!
    You have to go to the eBay link in the first post to bid on this
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I don't know if Jacob turkey hunts but if the winner of this is interested in making Jacob the hunter, I will chip in $200 towards the cost of the hunt or towards whatever he needs for the hunt.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

Quote Originally Posted by flockbuster View Post
    You have to go to the eBay link in the first post to bid on this
    That is correct. We felt like this item needed a national audience to reach full potential. We would love for an Scducker to win, but want to make sure we raise the most money possible.

One hour to go
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

so, which one of you rich people bought it???
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Probably some dentist bored with killing geriatric lions.

Whomever it is better have their liver checked out before-hand!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Whomever it is better have their liver checked out before-hand!
    Haha. FACT!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Probably some dentist bored with killing geriatric lions.
    That is funny Glenn.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"