Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nike ads

Default Nike ads

The original with Kapernick

But the internet has come up with some better alternatives.

Last edited by uga_dawg; 09-06-2018 at 08:09 AM.

And the most appropriate one.

I watched an interview on Fox News last night with the founder of barstool sports and he thought is was a brilliant marketing strategy. Kind of made sense. The people who support kappernik and all the hip hop shit are the ones buying their products. The people saying it is stupid aren't their target market. We aren't going out and buying multiple pairs of tennis shoes each year. Hell, my tennis shoes are like 6 years old. And we sho as hell ain't buying the $100 + pairs!
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 09-06-2018 at 07:47 AM.

They outfit a lot of teams with their brand. That brand is on fan t-shirts etc that bring in big $$$. I'd imagine they bring in more from shirts, shorts & socks than they do shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    They outfit a lot of teams with their brand. That brand is on fan t-shirts etc that bring in big $$$. I'd imagine they bring in more from shirts, shorts & socks than they do shoes.
    People are all talk these days and don't stick with principle. Those teams get bids and whoever they get the best price from they buy. Look at dicks sporting goods. Everybody on here said I won't shop there anymore. Let them run a sale and see how many people buy. Just look at the polls that just got posted. Where are you on abortion, death penalty, etc. If people stuck to principles, the answer would be known.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I watched an interview on Fox News last night with the founder of barstool sports and he thought is was a brilliant marketing strategy. Kind of made sense. The people who support kappernik and all the hip hop shit are the ones buying their products. The people saying it is stupid aren't their target market. We aren't going out and buying multiple pairs of tennis shoes each year. Hell, my tennis shoes are like 6 years old. And we sho as hell ain't buying the $100 + pairs!
    Dave Portnoy is a genius.

If they piss MJ off & he pulls out, NIKE will go bye, bye.

I've bought a few pairs of tennis shoes in the last couple of years. I can't remember the last time I bought a pair of nikes.

But I buy alot of shoes for my kids. That's where this will burn them. It's great if you relate to the millennials. But if parents stop buying shoes for their kids, then it will be a net lose for them.

Their stock dropped $3 overnight. It might help them sell a few shoes in the short term. But I think it will hurt them in the long run. There really isn't any benefit to companies trying to make political statements.

And my favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    I've bought a few pairs of tennis shoes in the last couple of years. I can't remember the last time I bought a pair of nikes.

But I buy alot of shoes for my kids. That's where this will burn them. It's great if you relate to the millennials. But if parents stop buying shoes for their kids, then it will be a net lose for them.

Their stock dropped $3 overnight. It might help them sell a few shoes in the short term. But I think it will hurt them in the long run. There really isn't any benefit to companies trying to make political statements.
    I doubt it hurts Nike very much long term. By next week everyone will be losing their minds over something else. Remember when Yeti was going out of business a few months ago? What you need to ask yourself is what is the government covering up while everyone is so worried about a shoe company and how much did they pay Nike to help them with this little distraction........kidding.....maybe.....
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

Quote Originally Posted by uga_dawg View Post
    There really isn't any benefit to companies trying to make political statements.
    This! Why do companies & entertainers feel the need to put their two cents in? Do what you do & what people like about you & leave the rest alone.

Lots of brands have chimed in on political issues and as long as their product is popular, cool, rad, and relevent, it doesn't effect them. Look at brands like Patagonia. They can out against the NRA and support gun control and I still see sportsmen wearing their stupid gear. People don't give a shit about principles anymore. When it's cool to speak out, they do. When it's not, they are silent.

Look at brands like Patagonia. They can out against the NRA and support gun control and I still see sportsmen wearing their stupid gear. .
    Because its warm and a well made product, and I dont really give a shit what they believe political wise. If you really locked down and quit wearing clothing of companies that have liberal ideas, you'd prolly run around naked half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Because its warm and a well made product, and I dont really give a shit what they believe political wise. If you really locked down and quit wearing clothing of companies that have liberal ideas, you'd prolly run around naked half the time.
    I rest my case....the end.

Nothing makes sense about this move if you are a company trying to sell products and make money. I would argue that they just pissed off half of their customer base. Its brilliant if you are Reebok or Under Armour.

And to think they dropped Tiger for being a womanizer. But if you are an unpatriotic loser, that somehow seems like a person you want to employ.

If I were running a big company of this nature, I would never turn my back on any customer.

I rest my case....the end.
    So since patagonia doesnt like guns I should quit buying it and burn all the shit i got? And my principles are screwed up because of that? lol.

Anyone ever bought a pair of work boots made by Nike? Does Nike even make work boots?

Their target audience isn't people who put on work boots for a living and it might not even be those people that work for a living.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

How much attention and free coverage has Nike received from this?