View Poll Results: Abortion. Where do you land?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abortion is murder

57 31.15%
  • Women should have the right to choose

34 18.58%
  • Abortion should only be allowed in medical or criminal cases

92 50.27%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion. Where do you fall?

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Ideologically, against. Pragmatically, however, there would be a lot more unwanted children that would end up with miserable lives and a burden to society without it. Its a horrible and heartbreaking practice. In a perfect world, it wouldn't exist. In our imperfect one, tough choices have to be made.
    Sin is always a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Meh. I don't think so.

Unwanted children are sad.

The things they are forced to see, hear, do... The world is an evil place. I've seen children in the streets of Romania whose parents break arms, legs, and even cut off limbs so folks feel more sorry for them, as they beg for money on the streets.

Wake up. Look at the damned news - kids are brutally murdered EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. For the most part - do you think those kids were "wanted"?

I stand my ground. My opinion will not change the law, nor do I stand on a picket-line screaming for rights.

I simply sit in the corner, and watch children be senselessly brutally murdered on a daily basis.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk
    So you think ripping a fetus from a womans womb isnt brutal. Sit and watch your wife cry her eyed out hysterically waiting for the doctor to cone do a dnc after she has lost her third child in a row and when all she wants is a child to love and cant. I promise you there are plenty that “want” these kids that you speak of. Maybe tgey should make adoption easier to make happen tgan abortion. Maybe insurance could help pay for it like it does for abortions.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Perhaps you should stop watching, get out of the corner and become an advocate for children instead of turning a blind eye to their pre and post birth trauma. But sitting in a corner is easy I guess.
    My corner is realistic.

My beliefs are what they are.

I honestly believe that an unwanted child doesn't have 50/50 odds of beating the chances of leading a happy, fulfilling life.

Children deserve the right to full jubilation for the developmental years of early life. An unwanted child, again, for the most part, does not receive that right.

Perhaps you should stop watching, get out of the corner and become an advocate for children instead of turning a blind eye to their pre and post birth trauma. But sitting in a corner is easy I guess.
    Hero Mode [off]
    Nazi Mode [ON]

I have a soft spot for children. It's adults I hate. It's a daily struggle of judging etc. Many children live sad & miserable lives. That's because of adults. I don't see how a parent can have a child & still be a "lowlife".

Meh. I don't think so.

The things they are forced to see, hear, do... The world is an evil place. I've seen children in the streets of Romania whose parents break arms, legs, and even cut off limbs so folks feel more sorry for them, as they beg for money on the streets.

Wake up. Look at the damned news - kids are brutally murdered EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. For the most part - do you think those kids were "wanted"?

I stand my ground. My opinion will not change the law, nor do I stand on a picket-line screaming for rights.

I simply sit in the corner, and watch children be senselessly brutally murdered on a daily basis.

I'm glad your mother didn't abort you... But I'm sure it was contemplated of shooting you in a sock as you grew up...
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213

My corner is realistic.

My beliefs are what they are.

I honestly believe that an unwanted child doesn't have 50/50 odds of beating the chances of leading a happy, fulfilling life.

Children deserve the right to full jubilation for the developmental years of early life. An unwanted child, again, for the most part, does not receive that right.

A few years ago I watched a beautiful black woman be crowned homecoming queen of Auburn University who was the product of rape and born to a teenage mother. She considered abortion and the world is a better place because she didn't listen to people like you.

Meh. I don't think so.

The world's a pretty fucked up place, but it is not our responsibility to determine who gets the opportunity to live in it.

Happiness is all in perspective

A few years ago I watched a beautiful black woman be crowned homecoming queen of Auburn University who was the product of rape and born to a teenage mother. She considered abortion and the world is a better place because she didn't listen to people like you.
    And I am sure I can retort with the hundreds of thousands of cases, world wide, where there was abuse (mental/physical/sexual), no love, poverty, and simply the child's pure desperation to have never been born...but I won't.

I vote to kill the breeders & let the babies live.

"Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    I vote to kill the breeders & let the babies live.
    Now that idea I can get behind.

That, or just simply sterilize them.

Some folks should never be given the opportunity to bring a child into this world.

If you don't believe the same things as me then you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    Very true (on both accounts).

Quote Originally Posted by BET View Post
    Sometimes, the shoe fits.

And I am sure I can retort with the hundreds of thousands of cases, world wide, where there was abuse (mental/physical/sexual), no love, poverty, and simply the child's pure desperation to have never been born...but I won't.

I'll leave you with this final thought; It isn't yours, their parents, the governments or my decision to make. It's theirs and God's.

I'm with USMCsilver.

Is it unfair to kill a fetus without it being able to advocate for its on life? Sure. But it is also unfair to bring a child into this world and into a home where the baby won't be cared for, won't be treated properly, won't be seen as anything else but a check from the govt.

At some point we have to get over the feel good notion of every child could have a perfect adopted family. There are plenty of kids in the system now waiting to get a "good" home. Others being molested or mistreated in "good" homes. We are talking about a human being that from the time it is born will develop mentally and physically based on it's circumstances. I can't condone bringing a child into this earth knowing good and well that it will go to bed each night feeling unwanted, feeling mistreated, not being loved.

There are worse things in life than dying. Sometimes a death without suffering could be the better thing.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm a realist. Not an idealist.

Look at crime statistics, poverty levels, single parent households...

Do you think it is fair for these children to be birthed into households just because their mother wants more government assistance?

Do you think that society, as a whole, on a global scale, would not be slightly improved if all children were actually wanted? Of course it would be! But that is a fairlytail.

People suck. They continue to suck.

Realism vs. idealism. In the end, realism trumps all.

I'm honestly speechless at this point. Determining who gets to live and die over what might happen. Just wow.

I was born in a trailer to two parents who at the time smoked, partied and drank heavily. What were my odds?