View Poll Results: Abortion. Where do you land?

Voters
183. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abortion is murder

57 31.15%
  • Women should have the right to choose

34 18.58%
  • Abortion should only be allowed in medical or criminal cases

92 50.27%
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Abortion. Where do you fall?

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Pro-choice, for the most part.

Rape, incest, retardation, deformities, handicaps, etc.

Got a crackhead who is going to bring a crackbaby into this world? Give her the choice, too...

There are already many folks out there who don't know who their daddy is; There are even more tied up on the foster system. An unwanted kid, for the most part, is likely to lead an unfulfilling life. Yes - many turn out great, but I'm guessing the majority don't.

Now...don't get me wrong here. I am apposed to late-term abortions, unless due to medical reasons. But, again, for the most part - it is a women's body. Let them decide.

Oh, and morning after pills should be at the checkout at 7-11's.

Sent from my S9+ using Tapatalk
    Against my better judgement I'm going to pray for you and for God to allow you to see children as more than a tumor or a half eaten piece of chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    As far as the crack baby comment. My cousin and his wife tried for years to have a baby and couldnt. They decided to adopt. Their child came from a drug mom and she is now 17years old and a beautiful healthy young lady.
    Things sometimes work out. I'm not saying they don't. But, on average, there are not thousands of wonderful foster parents lined up to willingly accept crackbabies.

I like listening to the accounts of people who survived abortion attempts by their mothers. Pretty powerful stuff. Not one of them ever said they wished their mother was successful.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Against my better judgement I'm going to pray for you and for God to allow you to see children as more than a tumor or a half eaten piece of chicken.
    I don't see them that way.

I love my child and would lay down my life in a heartbeat for him.

It is humanity I have no faith in.

Things sometimes work out. I'm not saying they don't. But, on average, there are not thousands of wonderful foster parents lined up to willingly accept crackbabies.

So babies deserve to be euthanized because there's a chance they won't be productive members of society? What happened to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?

If that's the case, I reserve the right to end you once I determine you are no longer a benefit to society or are unwanted. Don't slip up.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 09-05-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    I know where I stand and who I answer to. Therefore, my choice and belief are that its wrong. However, this country was founded on the principle of freedom and individual religious expression. For that reason I understand why my choices and beliefs do not represents those of others. If the courts say its ok within the law of the land then that's what it is.
    Using your argument, who fights for the individual rights of that child? Religion has nothing to do with denying that kid life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Hunter View Post
    So babies deserve to die because there's a chance they won't be productive members of society? What happened to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?
    I don't personally perceive them as "babies" until they are viable outside of the womb.

Again - difference of opinion here.

Last edited by USMCsilver; 09-05-2018 at 09:54 AM.

I don't see them that way.

I love my child and would lay down my life in a heartbeat for him.

It is humanity I have no faith in.

Nor do I. That's why mine is in Christ.

You need to put yours there as well my friend.

I don't personally perceive them as "babies" until about they are viable outside of the womb.

That's convenient.

There are arguments to be made for pro-choice, and a lot of good discussion to be had to help educate both sides.

But if your only stance is that you think some people won't end up as good, productive members of society, so we should just go ahead and kill them off, then you're about as fucked up as it comes.

It's the most arrogant, classless, racist, privileged mind-set you could have. Fucking eugenics in action.

It's a shame, we have more availability to birth control than ever before, yet have more abortions than ever before.

It must have been quite something to have been at the table at Wannsee hearing about the final solution to the Jewish question for the first time.

Halfway through, you are still making your arguments as to why this is madness as the realization slowly dawns on you that not only is this plan going to be implemented, it has already begun, and there is nothing that anyone can do to stop it...

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I don't personally perceive them as "babies" until they are viable outside of the womb.

Certainly an opinion, but do you think when the babies start kicking in the womb and can get excited at their mother or father’s voice is just trapped gas or something? Blows my mind. Children are a true miracle
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

There are arguments to be made for pro-choice, and a lot of good discussion to be had to help educate both sides.

But if your only stance is that you think some people won't end up as good, productive members of society, so we should just go ahead and kill them off, then you're about as fucked up as it comes.

It's the most arrogant, classless, racist, privileged mind-set you could have. Fucking eugenics in action.
    Meh. I don't think so.

Unwanted children are sad.

The things they are forced to see, hear, do... The world is an evil place. I've seen children in the streets of Romania whose parents break arms, legs, and even cut off limbs so folks feel more sorry for them, as they beg for money on the streets.

Wake up. Look at the damned news - kids are brutally murdered EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. For the most part - do you think those kids were "wanted"?

I stand my ground. My opinion will not change the law, nor do I stand on a picket-line screaming for rights.

I simply sit in the corner, and watch children be senselessly brutally murdered on a daily basis.

When do you think fetuses become viable outside of the womb? Give me a number of weeks. Where do you draw the line?

Ideologically, against. Pragmatically, however, there would be a lot more unwanted children that would end up with miserable lives and a burden to society without it. Its a horrible and heartbreaking practice. In a perfect world, it wouldn't exist. In our imperfect one, tough choices have to be made.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

When do you think fetuses become viable outside of the womb? Give me a number of weeks. Where do you draw the line?
    24 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    Ideologically, against. Pragmatically, however, there would be a lot more unwanted children that would end up with miserable lives and a burden to society without it. Its a horrible and heartbreaking practice. In a perfect world, it wouldn't exist. In our imperfect one, tough choices have to be made.
    Yup. Indeed.

I love the idea of a good life. I abhor the idea of a totally miserable, terrifying, unsafe upbringing.

Meh. I don't think so.

Unwanted children are sad.

The things they are forced to see, hear, do... The world is an evil place. I've seen children in the streets of Romania whose parents break arms, legs, and even cut off limbs so folks feel more sorry for them, as they beg for money on the streets.

Wake up. Look at the damned news - kids are brutally murdered EVERY. FUCKING. DAY. For the most part - do you think those kids were "wanted"?

I stand my ground. My opinion will not change the law, nor do I stand on a picket-line screaming for rights.

I simply sit in the corner, and watch children be senselessly brutally murdered on a daily basis.

Perhaps you should stop watching, get out of the corner and become an advocate for children instead of turning a blind eye to their pre and post birth trauma. But sitting in a corner is easy I guess.
    Last edited by Glenn; 09-05-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyTownsend View Post
    I know where I stand and who I answer to. Therefore, my choice and belief are that its wrong. However, this country was founded on the principle of freedom and individual religious expression. For that reason I understand why my choices and beliefs do not represents those of others. If the courts say its ok within the law of the land then that's what it is.
    I don't have the freedom to walk around and kill people because they are an inconvenience to me..
    Natural Born Killer Prostaff - Killing Tomorrow's Trophies Today...

TFC -"Be tough or get tough"

Conservation Permit Holder #5213