Thread: What we got growing here?

Default What we got growing here?

Got about an acre of this growing...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Was thinking foxtail......
    “Duck hunting gives a man a chance to see the loneliest places …blinds washed by a rolling surf, blue and gold autumn marshes, …a rice field in the rain, flooded pin-oak forests or any remote river delta. In duck hunting the scene is as important as the shooting.” ~ Erwin Bauer, The Duck Hunter’s Bible, 1965

Yep.

Have done a little searching and seems that doves like it..... Anyone got info on that?

All of your seed eating birds are going to like it - it's a pretty prolific producer so - Sure! dove's love it. But you'll probably have to create some open ground for them to really get in it.

If that's a duck hole you've got some great food there and you can mow some down to create open water before flooding since it is a natural (non-planted) plant.

You've got a waste of time. If you want doves plant corn sunflowers or millet and stop trying to attract doves with optimism.

Really bad for dogs.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

^ yep sure can be.
    Genesis 9;2

Quote Originally Posted by Sportin' Woodies View Post
    You've got a waste of time. If you want doves plant corn sunflowers or millet and stop trying to attract doves with optimism.
    This

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Thanks fellas. Going to be working on this area over the next year or so and wanted to see if it was worth keeping or when I do decide to plant kill it off. Right now it was grown up in Johnson grass and foxtail. Small area but has some doves on it. Going to try and make it into a larger area and plant it at some point in the future.
    Last edited by darealdeal; 09-06-2018 at 08:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Really bad for dogs.
    Eating it or seeds in eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    Eating it or seeds in eyes?
    Skin, eyes, nose.

Read this: https://pets.webmd.com/dogs/foxtail-...and-your-dog#1
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

"JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

Hate is a strong word, but I really do hate Johnson grass.

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    Hate is a strong word, but I really do hate Johnson grass.
    It's the devil.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk