Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How was everyone's dove opener?

779E3307-827E-43E2-902A-FC794B03413B.jpg

Today was decent. Over all less birds for us.

Quote Originally Posted by jon428 View Post
    Today was decent. Over all less birds for us.
    Nothing wrong with that. Looks like y'all were near the irrigation pond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

it was hot.
    all three hunts were good but none were great.
    Son1 shoots better than me.
    Took the entire family monday. It was hot but they had fun watching puppy.
    Nutz is my hero.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

7 man limit

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

I hear ya, bubba. Well done. And nice Yeti placement...

2 barn burners, Sunday we stoppped at 10 and yesterday 15, didn't take long to get to the beer cooler.

We tore their asses up for about 2 hours. I mean non stop for 2 hours someone was pulling the trigger. Then about 530 some clouds rolled in and the wind picked up. I thought that was gonna help the birds along with the time getting a little later but they pretty well shut down
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Didn’t get many good pics in the field because we were dodging T-Storms. When it wasn’t raining it was epic.

Peach field shoot. It was quick. Took the oldest and he almost finished before I did but I beat him by a bird. He did long gun me about halfway through which was a very proud moment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    I hear ya, bubba. Well done. And nice Yeti placement...
    Bummed we didnt have a 20qt to insert in the middle.

Had fun with my boy yesterday. His BB gun wore the tweety birds and dragon flys out(none died but they couldn’t lite around us either).

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    I had a blast. It was cool thanks to the clouds and a little rain. Birds were flying good. Shot ok.
    Had a great bird girl helping me out. She did not shoot flying but ground checked one that was winged.
    She also found and Indian ax tip in the field. I found a good bird point arrow head too. We offer both points to the owner and he said she could keep them. You can barely see the axe in her hand in the truck photo.
    What more can a person ask for than a day like that? Thanks to the two hosts.
    Attachment 38379
    Attachment 38380
    Thats a nice truck you are sitting on. I didnt hear about the axe or the arrow head. I need to start looking more. It was great having yall out there and thanks for picking up my stuff.

This hunt that DJP mentioned had alot of shooting. A thunderstorm rolled in right when they had been hitting where i was sitting with my family. Shot a few and had a good time, and didnt get struck by lightning.

Yesterday's hunt was a barn burner. I had my limit in an hour and shot poorly. its bad when you shoot a box and a half to get your limit, with three doubles. Looking forward to a few more hunts this september.

We had a sporty shoot on Sunday between the rain showers, only one limit. But we had a damn barn burner yesterday everyone shot their limit. Looking forward to cooler weather and morning hunts now.
    there is not a thing wrong with 3 woodies a day!!!

I see the pic with DNR truck has no birds.
    Just sayin
    Last edited by Highcotton; 09-04-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    7 man limit

Yall couldn’t get Metz to smile?

Dirty faces and hands full of doves. My boys had a blast. 2 of them shot their first doves...

Opening day was great. Hung out with a really laid back crowd, ate some good food and moseyed out to field after 3. The hunt wasn’t a barn burner but it was fun and the perfect experience for my gwp’s first hunt. I think she’s gonna be a good one.

"This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Glad to see the kid involvement by the dads out there. Getting my little ones out there was my main focus.

I too could have moved and got in a better position to kill more birds, but at that point in the afternoon the only place my boy was gonna drag his dove stool was outta that field. Lil fella was tired and hot, but he hung in there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Hunted Saturday and Monday. Shot 12 doves both days. Saturday was a good hunt. Monday was a great hunt.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1