Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good luck today fellas

Yeaaah fuck that noise..
    How many birds did you kill scatter?

I wasn't there, I was up to my neck in Lake Murray sipping cold ones.

[QUOTE=DRDUCK;2517503]
    Quote Originally Posted by DuvnDux View Post
    You still huntin with Roger @ the dairy? It was HOT is all I got
    Yep. And yes it was HOT. The birds showed up about 4:30 and it was fast and furious after that.
    \"If they don\'t hatch, they don\'t fly south\"

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    That makes me want to throw up.

I was invited to a hunt similar to that twenty something years ago, being as there was an ass of people there.. The guy putting it on asked a friend of mine.. They asked me, details were getting left out and shit by then. So when I show up I literally see what looks like over a hundred people. It was down at some club on the Santee.. There's a couple people working the crowd, walking around with their hands out collecting. I've never been on anything like that, pay by hunt deal. I was f****** frazzled. I'm like you invite me to a hunt I that I have to pay to shoot. Is the next thing you're going to tell me I have to pay to eat a burger? So, no I didnt even get to eat a burger.. looked like some prepattied atrocity anyways. Shortly after not eating we get back in the trucks to form this big ass looking redneck caravan.. After ten minutes of that we reach their destination, it surely wasn't mine. I was so engrossed with trying to figure out what road led me home that I didn't see the crowd had grown. I had no GPS then.. no smart phones, just an annoying Nextel. So maybe a couple hundred.. The few guys I was with made our way to a quiet looking corner and made our safe spread out.. Then people started squeezing in between us. I was feeling a tad angry and also slightly embarrassed for them. During the opening volley I killed my first and only bird, some feral looking fella strutted out from the other side of the corn full intentions of picking it up. I grabbed it, turned around, grabbed my stool, and left.
    Feral looking fella will be a staple in my vernacular from now on. Enjoyed Friday bud
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

At least you weren't hunting with these guys. Instead of showing off their doves, they are showing their tickets

#gamewardenshungpaper

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.

What’s the story there catdaddy
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.Ducks View Post
    What’s the story there catdaddy
    Saw it on FB...,it's not SC

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

MC is offline Daydreamer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Negative Ghost Rider...I rode along to one of those in Chesterfield about 20 years ago. I didn’t see any bicycles but there was no shortage of grown men “sprinting” across the field with coolers and all other manner of stuff when the warden said “Go!”.

I never even loaded my gun. I told the guys I rode with I would be over in the woods surrounded by as many trees as I could find when they were ready to go. There is just no sense in that.

These are the same people relentlessly hunting public waterfowl.

Well, the shit show is a shit show for a reason. That particular field has always held birds for the opener for the last 30 years. I've taken many limits or near limits everytime I've gone.
    My son shot 10 out of that field Saturday. I would've probably been there with him but I moved to Ballentine last year and didn't want to make the drive down.

Damn, I'm sure glad that the field I hunted didn't look like that shitstorm
    "some men are mere hunters, others are turkey hunters"-Archibald Rutledge