Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: TS Florence

I'm expecting 15-20 inches in Flotown.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I wonder how long it will take those EX Tri County board members to get their power back on this time? Something tells me that the linemen will take their own sweet time getting to them...
    as long as edisto electric isnt pissed with their board members.... one of them lives way down at the end of my power tap. and he has a few chicken houses. they gotta come through me to get to him!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I'm expecting 15-20 inches in Flotown.
    Scary. Didn't we get 13-14" in 2015 Flood? Of course the difference is, we were already soaked. We bone dry this time around. Will be interesting to see what difference it makes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Scary. Didn't we get 13-14" in 2015 Flood? Of course the difference is, we were already soaked. We bone dry this time around. Will be interesting to see what difference it makes.
    I was thinking 2015 was closer to 10", but I reckon it depends on where you were.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!

That little 3/4" of rain we got monday night was gone with in 20 min.

Being we didn't get anymore it is bone dry. Should be interesting hopefully the majority will run off rather than soak in and let the big trees just fight the wind and not wet soil with wind.
    Yup, he's crazy...

like a fox. The dude may be coming in a little too hard and crazy but 90% of everything he says is correct.

Sort of like Toof. But way smarter.
    ~Scatter Shot

I had a tad over 11” in my gauge when it was all said and done.

And I hope Catdaddy is wrong.

I think we were pretty dry in 15 as well, remembering where we were logging when the flood hit

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    I was thinking 2015 was closer to 10", but I reckon it depends on where you were.
    Holly Hill got 24" in 2015. Got 14" in 2016, and the flood waters were 3" higher. But 2016 was a much wider spread rain than 2015. I have the memories and pictures to remind me of what I don't want to remember.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Holly Hill got 24" in 2015. Got 14" in 2016, and the flood waters were 3" higher. But 2016 was a much wider spread rain than 2015. I have the memories and pictures to remind me of what I don't want to remember.
    Holly hill doesn't need half of that right now. Last i saw we are projected anywhere from 5-10 inches of rain.

I'm liking that it's "weakening" but damnit that's a lot of water. One to two feet of rain will make it quite sporty.

Quote Originally Posted by jevans View Post
    I had a tad over 11” in my gauge when it was all said and done.

And I hope Catdaddy is wrong.

I poured 14" out of my gauge. I made a concrete marker in my back yard where the water stopped and started to fall....... with a stainless steel tag....Oct 2015 flood mark.

Last year the water came to the same spot. I hope the Lake Oakdale dam doesn't fail. It will start a domino effect down Middle Swamp.

I do think this dry ground can soak up 2-3 inches in a hurry.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-13-2018 at 10:32 AM.

Don't even talk about such as that. I am worried about Lake Katherine in Columbia. She took a lot of stress in 15 and that whole floodplain has totally changed now that so many dams are gone or partly gone above it...

Shes rocking now

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by SaltMuck View Post
    We got 19" in Manning. Don't want to see that again, but I'm glad to know my house won't flood with that amount of rain.

First run I have done that didn't include the PeeDee. It has the eye of the storm slowly running right down the beach all the way to Deveaux Bank and turning up the river there. Still quite a bit of uncertainty obviously. I don't know what to hope for at this point...

Does anyone else just think this thing is not going to turn and hit us as much as they say the longer they watch this radar?
    "I swear if I found you in a marsh I don't know that I could keep myself from mud stomping you" -Griffin

First run I have done that didn't include the PeeDee. It has the eye of the storm slowly running right down the beach all the way to Deveaux Bank and turning up the river there. Still quite a bit of uncertainty obviously. I don't know what to hope for at this point...
    You should just go ahead and delete that post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's more favorable to the Euro model right?

Euro as of 3:30am. It updates again in 1.5 hours.

AL06_2018091300_ECENS_0-120h_large.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DJA View Post
    Does anyone else just think this thing is not going to turn and hit us as much as they say the longer they watch this radar?
    I'm certainly not seeing the path everyone is calling for, but I'm not a weather man. And what sites I have access to here at work suck, so who knows?

I think there is a high pressure system that's gonna try to push it south once it gets a little inland.
    Last edited by Moonlight Hunter; 09-13-2018 at 12:57 PM.