Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: TS Florence

Quote Originally Posted by Hosscat View Post
    GSU played in Hugo with portable lights. That was wild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hugo bowl.... I was there, freshman year!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I hope a buncha them boats got warp speed.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Y'all please report any price gouging you encounter. I am still pissed at Georgetown Ice 30 years later...

Prices inevitably go up in the face of a storm as consumers all need the same things and supplies run low, experts say.

But while price-gouging investigations are rare, experts say, merchants should beware: Snapshot-happy smartphones in virtually every pocket have made documenting and publicizing suspected price gouging easier than ever.

"Folks should look out for scams in general," said Carri Grube Lybarker, spokeswoman for South Carolina's Consumer Affairs agency. "Scam artists like to follow the headlines and take advantage of people in vulnerable positions."

More: Hurricane Florence gas shortages pop up in North Carolina as motorists flock to stations

As Hurricane Florence lumbered toward the Carolina coast this past weekend, Gov. Henry McMaster on Saturday declared a state of emergency, triggering the state's "Price Gouging During Emergency" law. With that, merchants can face a $1,000 fine or 30 days in jail for each violation of the misdemeanor until the emergency is over.

Along with the governor's emergency declaration, the state's attorney general, Alan Wilson, issued a stern warning to would-be price gougers: "By our law, that’s a criminal violation and an unfair trade practice."

Tweet talk
    In addition to a public service announcement, Wilson circulated an online video informing consumers how to report price gouging. The office also has a dedicated email address (pricegouging@scag.gov), Twitter feed (@SCPriceGouging) and hotline (803-737-3953) to pick up complaints.

Aggrieved consumers are encouraged to note the time, address and name of any business charging prices that "grossly exceed" rates charged 30 days before the emergency. The attorney general also encourages taking pictures of the business, the purchased item and the receipt.

pricegouging@scag.gov

https://twitter.com/SCPriceGouging

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ng/1267800002/

It just got real - They're beginning the process of evacuating the F-16's from Shaw.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PINEWOOD DUCK View Post
    It just got real - They're beginning the process of evacuating the F-16's from Shaw.

Surprised it took them this long.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I wonder how the pilots get back to their families, or does the AF transport the families to them?

Quote Originally Posted by PINEWOOD DUCK View Post

Charleston evacuated their C-17's also

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I wonder how the pilots get back to their families, or does the AF transport the families to them?
    If I'm not mistaken family is on their own. Like my old chief used to say. If Uncle Sam wanted you to have a family they would have issued you one.

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken family is on their own. Like my old chief used to say. If Uncle Sam wanted you to have a family they would have issued you one.

Yep.

The wives and kids are left on their own. Same with every ship that left Norfolk and every helo that left Lejeune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As of 10am.

Florence remains a powerful Category 4 hurricane and is moving to the
    west-northwest. There will be a period over the next 24 hours for Florence
    to strengthen, perhaps reaching Category 5 intensity. Florence will bring
    rough surf and large swells to Bermuda over the next day or two. Outer
    rainbands of Florence will start to impact the Carolina coast early Thursday
    morning with conditions rapidly deteriorating into Friday. Residents in the
    path of Florence should prepare for significant wind damage which will lead
    to utility outages that last several weeks. A devastating storm surge will
    occur along the coast where Florence makes landfall. Florence is expected
    to slow down considerably or even stall along the coast. This will bring a
    prolonged period of extremely heavy rainfall that can lead to catastrophic
    flooding. Isolated tornadoes are expected near and to the northeast of
    where Florence makes landfall.
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 09-12-2018 at 11:17 AM.

This is gonna really suck
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    This is gonna really suck

YEP it is

Was thinking it might not be too bad in SC but not looking good at the moment

zac brown band's canceled tomorrow night's show.....alan jackson has already postponed saturday's show....waiting to find out about cody jinks on sunday....has gone from a concert super weekend, with opening of season on saturday, to a complete (ba dum tss) washout

Y'all please report any price gouging you encounter. I am still pissed at Georgetown Ice 30 years later...

Prices inevitably go up in the face of a storm as consumers all need the same things and supplies run low, experts say.

But while price-gouging investigations are rare, experts say, merchants should beware: Snapshot-happy smartphones in virtually every pocket have made documenting and publicizing suspected price gouging easier than ever.

"Folks should look out for scams in general," said Carri Grube Lybarker, spokeswoman for South Carolina's Consumer Affairs agency. "Scam artists like to follow the headlines and take advantage of people in vulnerable positions."

More: Hurricane Florence gas shortages pop up in North Carolina as motorists flock to stations

As Hurricane Florence lumbered toward the Carolina coast this past weekend, Gov. Henry McMaster on Saturday declared a state of emergency, triggering the state's "Price Gouging During Emergency" law. With that, merchants can face a $1,000 fine or 30 days in jail for each violation of the misdemeanor until the emergency is over.

Along with the governor's emergency declaration, the state's attorney general, Alan Wilson, issued a stern warning to would-be price gougers: "By our law, that’s a criminal violation and an unfair trade practice."

Tweet talk
    In addition to a public service announcement, Wilson circulated an online video informing consumers how to report price gouging. The office also has a dedicated email address (pricegouging@scag.gov), Twitter feed (@SCPriceGouging) and hotline (803-737-3953) to pick up complaints.

Aggrieved consumers are encouraged to note the time, address and name of any business charging prices that "grossly exceed" rates charged 30 days before the emergency. The attorney general also encourages taking pictures of the business, the purchased item and the receipt.

pricegouging@scag.gov

https://twitter.com/SCPriceGouging

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ng/1267800002/

Caveat Emptor.

Quote Originally Posted by HARV View Post
    I hope a buncha them boats got warp speed.
    Imagine if Columbus was blindly sailing in from Spain about now...

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Caveat Emptor.
    Does not apply.

Shitbags will shitbag would be more accurate.

Does not apply.

Shitbags will shitbag would be more accurate.
    Fair enough.

Hopefully, consumers will then make the crooks pay when things settle down. Capitalism at its finest.

Imagine if Columbus was blindly sailing in from Spain about now...
    Harv would still have all his land.
    The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is,
    as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.

Thomas Jefferson

If the forecast models are correct and this does not leave the state until Monday, we will be up to our eyeballs. And by "we" I mean the entire state. Normally we come together in an emergency and help the area in trouble but this time it looks like no one will go untouched. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero