Thread: For You Older Guys Here

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Default For You Older Guys Here

I thought I saw myself in one of those scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/nSC7SXQpInM?rel=0
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Brought back a lot of old memories, thanks.

We didn't even get a TV until I was 8. There were no stations in SC and we got only one snowy Charlotte station. WIS came along a few months later and it was great to see clear, black and white, TV.
    Carolina American Water Spaniels

UH HR GCH CH Carolina's Wild March Hare MH JHR RAE OA OAJ AF WDS CGC TDI (Bunny)
    UH HRCH Carolina's Duck Gumbo MHA SHR RN WDS CGC TDI (Gumbo) HRC 1500 Point Club (RIP)
    BISS HR GCH Carolina's Running With the Hare JHR SH WDX CGC TDI (Blew)
    HRCH GCH CH Carolina's Tale of the Hare SH MHR WDX (Bea)
    Carolina's Three Duck Limit (Rio)

I figured us old guys could connect with a lot of those scenes.

And for the young fellers here, no everything in real life wasn't in black and white, only the pictures.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Lots of great memories. I can only image how todays kids will view our childhood years in the future. Probably how we view the wild west - lol
    I worked my way through college working night crew at the local A&P in the sixties. Of course my next employer was Uncle Sam's Army.

Most of that was about 10 years before my time but I do remember when the neighbors got the first color TV in the neighborhood and having glass bottles of milk delivered to the front porch. That and collecting deposit bottles to buy the little plastic packs of BBs for a nickel
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I remember when the TV would quit working and dad would take the back off and send me on my bikes to the drug store. They had a tube tester and if the tube was bad I'd buy a replacement and take it back home. Dad would put it in the TV and we could watch shows again. Usually at the drug store the soda jerk would test the tubes. He was the kid behind the sandwich counter that made sandwiches, milkshakes and handed out glasses of cokes from the taps. I became good friends of one of the soda jerks at Cambridge Drug Store. He went in the USAF and went to 'Nam. Ron died last year and I miss sitting around talking to him at Carolina Tool.

Pure times man. Was a young punk then but remember the days well especially little segments of small town living that hadn't caught up.
    Genesis 9;2