Thread: Vortex crossfire or Leupold freedom scopes

Default Vortex crossfire or Leupold freedom scopes

Picked up a new muzzleloader the other day and started shopping for scopes.

Considering the vortex crossfire 3x9x40 or the Leupold freedom series 3x9x40.
    There is about $50 difference between the two but other than the Leupold being noticeably lighter I can't tell much difference in them. The vortex also offers a bright reticle model that is the same price as the Leupold.

they all have lifetime warranties. Anyone have experience with both of these and are they of comparable quality or does one brand (within these models) really outshine the other?

Thanks
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

I like the Crossfire and have the same on my truck AR. No thoughts on the leupy.
    Genesis 9;2

I've been considering the Leupold VX Freedom Rimfire for Ruger 77/22 I have. I have no side by side comparison info on the two.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

The Freedom is the VX2 of old. Glass is the same as the Vortex Crossfire/Diamondback. Throw them in a box and mount the one you put your hand on. Personally I’d take the Leupold because it’s not made in the Philippines or China.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Picked up the vortex this afternoon, looked at them both again in the store and looking through the vortex just seemed a little easier on my eyes. I noticed the same thing previously but just dismissed it as being my imagination but after happening again today I guess not.
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...