Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Farmers to get $4,700,000,000 tariff payout

I feel fine about them.

So, government programs that help people out with money are not bad?

Not sure what your angle is but I'll give it a guess. If the attempt was to show hypocrisy for hypocrisy then I'm afraid I don't get the connection. Loans are sought by the borrower and are repaid.

Votes and political support are bought with subsidies, entitlements and welfare and aren't repaid.

The post I highlighted and responded to are the same arguments others use to lobby against welfare, foodstamps and social programs. But Trump throws money are farmers whose livelihood he's responsible for damaging in the interest of securing their support in future elections and suddenly we're all "Yay welfare!"

You cannot have it both ways.

Why ever not? We have been having it both ways for longer than most of us have been alive...

LOL, True.

My point is if you're okay with it, be okay with it. But don't put lipstick on the pig and try and convince me it ain't a pig. And that somehow YOUR pig is different from or better than their pig.

i dont rent pigs.

but you can bet the .gov will.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

And feed them twelve dollar soybeans when the market is paying $8...

Buying votes with taxpayer money is hardly a new concept. Doing it in response to a problem that you JUST created like 20 days ago is a bit brash...

I got paid twice: crop insurance and tariff money on dry land beans. Trump is MAGA

I bet you don't spend it all on scratch offs and menthols either...

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by ccleroy View Post
    Holy shit, how do you get on this list? There's vets, bankers, dentites, and a couple school teachers in one county I looked at. Hell, I got a pine tree farm, I want me somadat free money!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Holy shit, how do you get on this list? There's vets, bankers, dentites, and a couple school teachers in one county I looked at. Hell, I got a pine tree farm, I want me somadat free money!!!!
    Go visit your local NRCS office and get you some wildlife conservation moneys bo.....
    cut\'em

The counter point to this is being self sustainable as a country, and controlling the worldwide food supply. In WWI and WWI the American breadbasket was critical to feeding a war revenged Europe. Even today the other 2 super powers Russia and China cant feed themselves (and their next door neighbor India will soon be an importer) and must import basic food stuffs. While there is enough production elsewhere on the globe to feed them, if you pull the American production off the table during a time of war or economic fight it will hit them in the wallet and stomach.

Not saying that I do or don't support subsidies for farmers, but that there is a larger strategic game at play as well that goes beyond this harvest or election cycle.

Self sustainable?!

Who do you think is lending us this farmer welfare money we don’t have?

I’ll give you a hint; It’ll be ready in tin minny.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Self sustainable?!

Who do you think is lending us this farmer welfare money we don’t have?

I’ll give you a hint; It’ll be ready in tin minny.
    China does not have it either but I will give you a hint who does. Its the organization that prints the money. They even have a legitimate sounding name.

Now the President is cancelling all planned raises for Federal employees because of "serious economic conditions".

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    That’s the purpose of welfare. Buy voter support. Democrats have been playing this game for years.
    Werd!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE