Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Follow this link to oppose the new restrictions proposed on WMAs in Arkansas

Bogs how do you get they are "his resources"? I don't see wild game being anyone's property.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    Bogs how do you get they are "his resources"? I don't see wild game being anyone's property.
    So anyone should have the right to sit in your back yard and hunt any wild game that might pass through. Got it...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    South Carolinians are to Arkansas as Ohioans are to SC.

Except South Carolinians come back home when there done.

So I suppose the state wmas out there don't receive federal funding or benefit from license sales? Where does the majority of the funding come from?

Below are the comments left by my 19 year old daughter when she took the survey. I believe she may have more common sense than most.
    I am a 19 year old female and have been hunting public land with my father in Arkansas since I was 12. We have NEVER hunted on a WMA that was "overcrowded". Overcrowded would mean that there was NO place to hunt. Yes, there have been certain areas of the woods which more people tried to get into, but we never failed to find a place to hunt. It appears to me that this proposal will do three things. 1. Make it nearly impossible for the youth from other states to hunt WMAs in Arkansas. No water during Thanksgiving break due to new water plan. Not allowed the week prior to Christmas. Not allowed during Martin Luther King Holliday. That leaves only the week after Christmas which will be the first real opportunity for ANY out of state hunters therefor who would want to go then? 2. Create a time frame in which ALL out of state hunters who hunt on WMA land will be crammed into WMAs instead of spread out over 60 days. If I was a local, I would want the other hunters spread out over 60 days instead of crammed into 21 days. Those 21 days just became worse than ever. 3. If Federal land floods during a time in which out of state hunters are not allowed on WMA land, EVERY out of state hunter will then "flood" that area simply because they are not allowed to go anyplace else. Now the occasionally flooded federal land will be packed. If I were a local, I would be strongly opposed to this proposal. As an out of state hunter, I am strongly opposed to this proposal.
    There is not an overcrowding issue, there is a respect issue.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Spot on but those idjits on the board can't reason that out.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

It’s coming and this is only the beginning.
    More fuel = more boost!!