Thread: Bears in the Piedmont

Default Bears in the Piedmont

There have been a lot of black bears on trail cameras this year in Union and Newberry Counties. Pretty much all of them within a mile of a major river. They are destroying feeders and obviously taking over any corn piles. I was wondering if anyone else was seeing this as well.

Sss

Oh sorry, misspelled shush.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

did you report this to WIS?

Yeah, it's a trend.
    Hunting outside the box

Won't be a problem come gun season.

Onion juice and pennies will take care of them.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Not seeing it but shouldn't come as a surprise. Been reported over the years. Two brothers I know who hunt near Sedalia told me about 8 years ago that they had a good sized black bear showing up on trail cams on their property. Deer season rolled around and it showed up as if about to climb up a ladder stand with one brother. About an hour later it showed up on the other side of a 200 acre tract of land and stuck it's nose in the blind window on the other brother. Not sure I could have held off defending myself in either encounter, lol. I'm more concerned with the hog sign in that area now. None 6-8 years ago and common there now.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Quote Originally Posted by Spur hunter View Post
    Not seeing it but shouldn't come as a surprise. Been reported over the years. Two brothers I know who hunt near Sedalia told me about 8 years ago that they had a good sized black bear showing up on trail cams on their property. Deer season rolled around and it showed up as if about to climb up a ladder stand with one brother. About an hour later it showed up on the other side of a 200 acre tract of land and stuck it's nose in the blind window on the other brother. Not sure I could have held off defending myself in either encounter, lol. I'm more concerned with the hog sign in that area now. None 6-8 years ago and common there now.
    Stone brothers?

Yessir.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Good news is that bears will eat those hogs,You just need more bears.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.