Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You ready?

Please watch folks who shoot at low birds.. This is another pet peeve. Willy G and I shot a field opening day last year and one of his best friends got sprayed twice- by the same young lady. Her Dad was sitting beside her. She drew blood on the young man. (both times) He was much calmer about it than he should have been..
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

truth
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

good stuff, all

gander--it always impresses me at these SCYSCA (kids sporting clays) shoots just how well they handle their guns. Its so ingrained in my kids' head that he couldnt imagine pointing a toy pistol at someone....or walking around with an open action. Its so unsavory....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I typically don't just hunt with someone out the blue, it's unnerving. There are just some people that didn't grow up hunting.. maybe not had a solid teacher.. few other things. There are people out there that just look at it as another hobby, or can just pretend to talk a good game. I find assuming is just a bit too much for me the older I get.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    good stuff, all

gander--it always impresses me at these SCYSCA (kids sporting clays) shoots just how well they handle their guns. Its so ingrained in my kids' head that he couldnt imagine pointing a toy pistol at someone....or walking around with an open action. Its so unsavory....
    Same here. And the same kids tend to be very well mannered. I can't say enough good things about that program.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I typically don't just hunt with someone out the blue, it's unnerving. There are just some people that didn't grow up hunting.. maybe not had a solid teacher.. few other things. There are people out there that just look at it as another hobby, or can just pretend to talk a good game. I find assuming is just a bit too much for me the older I get.
    An evening wood duck shoot will get your head blown smooth off if you are with a novice!!!!

Hey Ralph.
    More fuel = more boost!!

A rude, inconsiderate, trash leaving, loud yelling, sit on your bucket until the host makes you leave the field, low bird shooting knucklehead will absolutely ruin a fine gathering. Nothing worse than a dangerous, and unappreciative guest. Aside from that little rant, it's the most wonderful time of the year. So get out and enjoy some hunting and great fellowship!
    U serious Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    An evening wood duck shoot will get your head blown smooth off if you are with a novice!!!!
    Do tell....,.....There's no such thing as a legal evening wood duck hunt?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by baldpate View Post
    A rude, inconsiderate, trash leaving, loud yelling, sit on your bucket until the host makes you leave the field, low bird shooting knucklehead will absolutely ruin a fine gathering. Nothing worse than a dangerous, and unappreciative guest. Aside from that little rant, it's the most wonderful time of the year. So get out and enjoy some hunting and great fellowship!
    dang, P. feel better now???

i have very few birds....although I have a pretty field. Its odd....

dang, P. feel better now???

i have very few birds....although I have a pretty field. Its odd....
    When we shooting? I have a bag of seed, just saying!
    More fuel = more boost!!

we busy this weekend hunting with you....

There is a law firm that puts on a hunt each year that I attend. I have found a few there that I trust, and the 4 of us get the hell away from the rest of the folks. A host asked me to teach a young attorney to load his gun last year, in the field. Unnerved doesn't even touch it.

The best shoots are 10-12 people that all know how to handle a firearm, their dog, and their beer.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I went to a big shoot and the guy next to me was puking his brains out from alcohol poisoning. At some point he stuck the barrel of his brand new A5 into the dirt to keep from falling over. Next dove by he blew his barrel to smithereens. Invite better people, people...

Hahahahahaha!!!! Awesome.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    The best shoots are 10-12 people that all know how to handle a firearm, their dog, and their beer.
    I cant believe you mentioned beer and firearms in the same sentence. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Hey Kevin and hello Kevin

Haha! Sorry for the rant session tooth! Lastly on that note is inviting someone to shoot and he shows up with an extra guest or two. I'm not referring to a father bringing his child either. I have personally seen an invited guest show up with 2 other grown men in the vehicle, eat lunch and then occupy 3 spots in the field. I guess everyone is wired a little bit different! I'll be nice now.
    U serious Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Please watch folks who shoot at low birds.. This is another pet peeve. Willy G and I shot a field opening day last year and one of his best friends got sprayed twice- by the same young lady. Her Dad was sitting beside her. She drew blood on the young man. (both times) He was much calmer about it than he should have been..
    Were they asked to leave the field?
    Houndsmen are born, not made

I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by baldpate View Post
    Haha! Sorry for the rant session tooth! Lastly on that note is inviting someone to shoot and he shows up with an extra guest or two. I'm not referring to a father bringing his child either. I have personally seen an invited guest show up with 2 other grown men in the vehicle, eat lunch and then occupy 3 spots in the field. I guess everyone is wired a little bit different! I'll be nice now.
    let it out! let it out!

its amazing what people will do these days. i TOTALLY agree with everything you said....
    I've been known to tell people they have to stay in the same spot with their two guests....

hey ralph