Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You ready?

Thanks KRT can’t wait the boy is jacked up about being a bird boy!....

Luvin Labs has a cabin? Tell me more....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

O/U on the number of summerducks shot on this field at 5?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    O/U on the number of summerducks shot on this field at 5?
    Hahaha
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Luvin Labs has a cabin? Tell me more....
    It's my uncles. He just allows us to use it periodically. You're more than welcome to visit while I'm there.

I don't need oil changes, I just send KRT and Tommy BMW's. Last week it was a Z-4
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

All kidding aside, please be careful. I continue to see unsafe gun handling while out shooting Sporting Clay's. These same yahoos will be hitting the dove field this weekend.

^coming from a clay shooter who never uses a safety....

haha

My gun stays broken open unless I'm in the box and ready or its sitting in the rack in a vertical position.

you're not fun to make fun of

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    My gun stays broken open unless I'm in the box and ready or its sitting in the rack in a vertical position.
    I've cussed out more than one mother fucker at clay ranges for telling me open up the bolt on my automotic in the vertical rack. I use some choice words and tell them to break open their o/u's in the rack if they want my auto open. Damn the hypocrisy!!!!
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 08-27-2018 at 12:30 PM.

The kid went to some shooting place when he was at Folly this summer. They were simply aghast that he didn't possess a gun case to transport his axe from the truck to the range. So aghast, apparently, that the father of the kid he went with, went to a gun shop and bought him one...

The kid went to some shooting place when he was at Folly this summer. They were simply aghast that he didn't possess a gun case to transport his axe from the truck to the range. So aghast, apparently, that the father of the kid he went with, went to a gun shop and bought him one...
    People are funny.

Most are not near as funny as Rabbitman when he's mad.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I've cussed out more than one mother fucker at clay ranges for telling me open up the bolt on my automotic in the vertical rack. I use some choice words and tell them to break open their o/u's in the rack if they want my auto open. Damn the hypocrisy!!!!
    Funny you should mention that. Was talking to a range manager yesterday about the very subject. He had approached a guy pushing a buggy with 2 A5's with closed actions. He asked him to open the action until he was in the shooting stand. The guy refused. So the range manager told him he would do it himself. He reached down and racked the 1st gun and out popped a live round.

That was the only time he ever threw someone off the property.

Guys, it's really simple - follow the rules. They are there to keep you safe.

I will credit the SCTP program for instilling safe handling on the range. The kids all walk around with autoloaders with open actions, barrels pointed up and action facing away so everyone can clearly see the gun is unloaded. The ones that use and over/under carry them broken open over their shoulder with the barrels pointed forward.

When it comes to my safety and the safety of everyone around me I won't hesitate to confront someone who I see not following the rules. If the kids can do it, so can the adults. There is nothing cool about showing your ass when it comes for firearms safety.

And trust me, I have had words with some very experienced shooters walking around with and over/under with the action closed.

That's just silly. Only in England have I heard that but it's the law over there. You have to carry your gun in a slip until you arrive at the shooting station.

Whether you keep your gun in a slip is up to you. I just insist on safe gun handling when you are carrying it around.

Keep it unloaded until you are to shoot and keep the action open. Barrels should be point up and away from others.

Funny you should mention that. Was talking to a range manager yesterday about the very subject. He had approached a guy pushing a buggy with 2 A5's with closed actions. He asked him to open the action until he was in the shooting stand. The guy refused. So the range manager told him he would do it himself. He reached down and racked the 1st gun and out popped a live round.

That was the only time he ever threw someone off the property.

Guys, it's really simple - follow the rules. They are there to keep you safe.

I will credit the SCTP program for instilling safe handling on the range. The kids all walk around with autoloaders with open actions, barrels pointed up and action facing away so everyone can clearly see the gun is unloaded. The ones that use and over/under carry them broken open over their shoulder with the barrels pointed forward.

When it comes to my safety and the safety of everyone around me I won't hesitate to confront someone who I see not following the rules. If the kids can do it, so can the adults. There is nothing cool about showing your ass when it comes for firearms safety.

And trust me, I have had words with some very experienced shooters walking around with and over/under with the action closed.
    Gander....I am 100% about gun safety. When I am carrying my auto to and from stands my action is open. I close my bolt when I place my gun in a vertical rack pretty much to make a point. If someone can close up their o/u and stand it up in their, why does no bolt have to be open? I want more safety accountability for the limp wristed fuckers that shoot o/u's. Those bastards act like it's fine for their o/u to be closed up in the rack but it's not ok for my auto to be closed. I do this little stunt just to point out the hypocrisy and lack of safety by o/u shooters.

I think the issue is when we see an autoloader on the range is that they automatically lock in the open position when the last round is fired. So when we see a closed action, we get concerned that it may have a live round in it.

I've seen guys load 4 and 5 shells in gun, lose track of how many they shot and end up walking out of the stand with a live round in the gun. That's why they only allow 2 shells to be loaded at a time.

I always get uncomfortable when someone sweeps everyone with their barrels, even when they insist its unloaded.

There are a lot of guns that go off that were "unloaded" or on "Safe". I have personally been in those situations and thank God, those guns where pointed in a safe direction.

Didn't mean to derail the thread. Just be mindful if gun safety out there on the dove field.

Hope everyone has a great time killing a bunch of those grey ghosts.

I'd bet the reason he refused is he KNEW it was loaded, or at least suspected it might be. Rules are there for a reason.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Yep. You know as well as anyone - if someone gets shot, it will be a major news report. That's not good for anyone who supports the 2nd ammendment or the people involved.