Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it baited...

Default Is it baited...

So I go check out my dove field this evening and I see the neighbor plowing up a big food plot right up to the edge of my field. I stop planting at the property line. I've been grooming this field all summer and it looks goochi! Corn, sunflowers, and millet. I ask ole boy when he plants on planting it and he said this weekend. Hopefully we get some rain next week to sprout the seeds. If the nieghbor plants a food plot on his side, can a DNR officer charge me with baiting? I have no control over what the neighbor does with his property and I'm sure as hell ain't gonna not hunt my spot!

What is he planting and how is he planting it? Shouldn’t be baiting unless it’s something planted by broadcasting seed. Anything planted with planter or grain drill should be ok. That’s just my understanding of the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what DNR would do or what the rule is, however I can almost promise you a jury would say no.

*gucci

Can you be charged for a neighbor’s agricultural practices? I would think you would be fine if it’s not your property.
    Last edited by Lynchmob; 08-21-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Falls under normal ag does it not

Will the neighbor be attending your hunt?

what's goochi and I would say that's not baiting because its on his property

Quote Originally Posted by wskinner View Post
    Falls under normal ag does it not
    I don't know...we have so many dumbass rules it's ridiculous. He is probably like 90% of sc deer hunters and plows, broadcasts wheat and oats, and drags in. Clemson says wheat isn't "normally" normally planted until October 1st.

I wouldn't think it was a big deal but I talked to a buddy earlier that said it might be a problem. If I get a ticket for baiting I will fo sho be requesting for a jury to be summons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I wouldn't think it was a big deal but I talked to a buddy earlier that said it might be a problem. If I get a ticket for baiting I will fo sho be requesting for a jury to be summons!!!
    I've got a friggin buffet for the doves. His little stupid deer plot is not going to bring in any more birds.

So You planted a dove field on the property line and never thought it through huh?
    You will hwve problems unless he's a great friend!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    So You planted a dove field on the property line and never thought it through huh?
    You will hwve problems unless he's a great friend!
    What is the problem? How can what other people do on their property affect me? The field butts up to the adjacent property. I can't help where my property lines are.
    Last edited by Rabbitman09; 08-21-2018 at 08:25 PM.

Well, when he sits on the line and starts pounding away you got a problem!
    Seen it before and there's only one way to fix it...

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Well, when he sits on the line and starts pounding away you got a problem!
    Seen it before and there's only one way to fix it...

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
    Oh I don't have to worry about that. He doesn't care anything about doves. He's one of those die hard deer hunter types. I'm just concerned about his plot being planted 7 days before dove season and some young buck warden trying to make trouble.

I miss TRAD.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    Oh I don't have to worry about that. He doesn't care anything about doves. He's one of those die hard deer hunter types. I'm just concerned about his plot being planted 7 days before dove season and some young buck warden trying to make trouble.
    What if he dumps a corn pile at the end of the said plot?
    More fuel = more boost!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynchmob View Post
    Can you be charged for a neighbor’s agricultural practices? I would think you would be fine if it’s not your property.
    Hell yes you can. Bait is bait. If the birds are deemed to be influenced by it and you shoot them, you can be charged both state and federally no matter who placed the bait if you "knew or should have known about it"...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Hell yes you can. Bait is bait. If the birds are deemed to be influenced by it and you shoot them, you can be charged both state and federally no matter who placed the bait if you "knew or should have known about it"...
    Is there not some "intent" aspect to the law. I have no intent to "bait" anything. I have zero control of what my neighbor does.

if you can prove it's deer corn and not dove corn shouldn't be a problem.
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston