Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama and Clemson fatigue

Default Alabama and Clemson fatigue

I just caught a few minutes of a national sports talk host that was making the case that Alabama and Clemson are currently bad for college football because of their dominance over the last 3 years, and predicted dominance this season. In 3 years Bama is 41-3 and Clemson is 40-4, and the two hold all three national titles. He contends that the dominance of the two are ruining college football like the warriors are ruining the NBA.

Don't shoot the messenger
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Alabama has been the warriors. Clemson is the blind squirell that found a nut. Who happens to play in the basketball conference. But yes it is getting old, on both accounts
    "They are who we thought they were"

You can dress a fat chick up, but you cant fix stupid

Only reason Clemson ever beat Bama was DW4 & even Saban admitted it that he & Cam were the 2 toughest qb's he's faced.

Yeah, one of these is not like the other. A championship every 30 years by a team playing in the ACC is not going to leave most college football fans feeling tired.

Now Alabama winning 5 of the last 10 championships , or the Southeastern Conference taking 7 out of the last 10 is certainly worthy of review...

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Tugted312 View Post
    Only reason Clemson ever beat Bama was DW4 & even Saban admitted it that he & Cam were the 2 toughest qb's he's faced.
    No questions m dw 4 was the man. Mike Williams says hi. Jordan Leggett says hi
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

A lot of truth to what they’re saying. And it’s only gonna get worse because Clem is closing the gap between themselves and the bammers with the swiftness.....

You know who else says hay? The guy who got to bale all the untrampled grass in Alabama's endzone...

Black rims...

What are the odds the dude that drives that truck has a back tattoo of Taylor Renfrow, but could not tell you who Perry Tuttle is?

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    No questions m dw 4 was the man. Mike Williams says hi. Jordan Leggett says hi
    Now remind me again, did Leggett catch the TD or set the pick? I don't recall.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Alabama not use the same exact play this past year with Payne? I don't remember hearing people bitch about that.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Fair question for an uneducated foosball fan. Neither. But they made incredible catches to keep chains moving so the goat qb could complete one of the greatest championship winning drives to one of the goat humpty receivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Surely you are not making a case for Watson to be the Greatest of All Time college football quarterback? He was certainly a great competitor but convince me that he even belongs in the top 10 GOAT...

would you base the top 10 on stats? Wins and losses? Raising a program to another level?
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

All around I suppose. Here we have a guy that wasn't even thought of as the Greatest QB of his Best Season, much less his entire body of work. I am just glad we never have to see him again...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    All around I suppose. Here we have a guy that wasn't even thought of as the Greatest QB of his Best Season, much less his entire body of work. I am just glad we never have to see him again...
    I think that after the NC game, most sane people would agree that the Heisman went to the wrong player. Hell, look at those two Alabama defensive rosters and his numbers in the two NC games. Incredible

That truck is from TN. Next........
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

The Heisman metric aside, how do you account for 2 players at his position getting professionally evaluated and drafted ahead of him? Like I said, great competitor but top 10 GOAT CFB? You have a long way to go to convince most people of that much less The GOAT nonsense Art is pushing...

Quote Originally Posted by jwilliams View Post
    Fair question for an uneducated foosball fan. Neither. But they made incredible catches to keep chains moving so the goat qb could complete one of the greatest championship winning drives to one of the goat humpty receivers.
    Yep, you nailed it. I'm woefully ignorant in the ways of American football. I always thought blocking downfield on a passing play was illegal, but I guess not. Carry on.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/1/9/14...terference-rub

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Iby6rlPU7cw0b1

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    The Heisman metric aside, how do you account for 2 players at his position getting professionally evaluated and drafted ahead of him? Like I said, great competitor but top 10 GOAT CFB? You have a long way to go to convince most people of that much less The GOAT nonsense Art is pushing...
    A college player and pro prospect are two totally different things. Charlie Ward anyone?

Or Peyton Manning. Top 10 GOAT NFL all day long. Top 10 CFB? Nahhh. And neither was Watson. He may do it at the next level...