Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coconut oil- "Pure poison"

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Quote Originally Posted by mello_collins View Post
    Eggs are bad for you and margarine is good for you. That was spouted very few years ago. How about this. Does it take a chemical engineering degree to make? Don’t eat it.

Crisco is not lard. Crisco takes chemical engineering
    True, I misspoke. I kinda figured most folks here didn't know what lard was so I was trying to give more of a visual. Sort of like whey, most people don't know what it is. Basically it's one of the two proteins in milk. Whey, which btw is a complete protein (all 9 essential amino acids), can be separated from milk as can curds (casein another protein). Remember the old "Little Miss Muffet...eating her curds and whey" I've heard my dad say as a kid they used to collect the whey in Mason Jars and sink the jars in the spring. They'd get them out after they got cold and put cane syrup in them and drink them. The whey was sweet with the cane syrup/molasses in it.

Most of these young'uns don't know what cow salve butter or more commonly just cow salve is either. And it ain't talking about bag balm or udder balm but it's similar in color and about the same consistency.
    Last edited by Mergie Master; 08-29-2018 at 08:04 PM.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

great story, grampa
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

We use coconut breading when we want something fried at home. It's delicious. I drink coconut water instead of gatorade when I'm working outside in the heat. Bread is very rare in our home anymore. We've vastly increased our kale, spinach, pond algae, cauliflower, and brocoli intake. Potatoes are another rarity. Done with brown rice, too.

Tons of fish. Caught, not that farmed stuff. Hell, I'm thinking of not baiting deer just so I can rule out corn from my diet.

Mind you...I'm describing 80% of the time. When I feel like a pizza night, I eat a pizza. But I do feel a lot better and my numbers have vastly improved from that 80% of the time dietary changes. Spirulena [pond algae] is imo the greatest cholesterol improving agent of all time.

Weirdest thing is I've actually gained five pounds eating better. Still lifting hard, still cardio frequently. Just pounding baked vegies instead of bread, rice, etc, etc.